O. Reg. 304/06: ORDER FOR DISSOLUTION - LOCAL SERVICES BOARD OF MARTERSkip to content
|revoked or spent October 26, 2009|
|June 13, 2006 – October 25, 2009|
Northern Services Boards Act
Loi sur les régies des services publics du Nord
ONTARIO REGULATION 304/06
ORDER FOR DISSOLUTION — LOCAL SERVICES BOARD OF MARTER
Note: This Regulation was revoked on October 26, 2009. See: O. Reg. 400/09, ss. 1, 2.
Last amendment: O. Reg. 400/09.
This Regulation is made in English only.
Dissolution of Board, Board area
1. The Local Services Board of Marter and the Board area are hereby dissolved under section 32 of the Act. O. Reg. 304/06, s. 1.
Assets transferred to Ministry
2. The Board’s assets are transferred in trust to the Ministry of Northern Development and Mines to be disposed of by sale. O. Reg. 304/06, s. 2.
3. (1) The Ministry has general supervision of the Board’s assets and the power to do anything reasonably necessary to implement this order effectively, including,
(a) identifying, seizing and disposing of the Board’s assets;
(b) using the proceeds of the sale of assets to make the payments listed in subsection (2);
(c) appointing an agent or trustee to implement the order;
(d) doing anything else necessary to wind up the Board’s affairs and activities. O. Reg. 304/06, s. 3 (1).
(2) The proceeds mentioned in clause (1) (b) shall be used to pay the following, in the following order:
1. The agent or trustee, if any, for costs incurred in dealing with the assets.
2. The Board’s creditors for any outstanding debts owed.
3. The Ministry’s costs in implementing this order. O. Reg. 304/06, s. 3 (2).
(3) For the purposes of subsection (1), all Board documents, records, and files, including minute books, bank account records and other financial books and records, shall be turned over to the Ministry upon request. O. Reg. 304/06, s. 3 (3).
4. The Ministry shall publish an invitation to creditors of the Board to inform the Ministry of any claims or debts,
(a) in the Northern News (Kirkland Lake and New Liskeard);
(b) in the Temiskaming Speaker; and
(c) in local newspapers in other communities, as may be considered appropriate. O. Reg. 304/06, s. 4.
Records and files to be kept
5. The records and files of the Board shall be kept by the Ministry for at least seven years from the date of this order. O. Reg. 304/06, s. 5.