O. Reg. 417/06: COMMITTEES OF THE BOARD OF DIRECTORS OF A LOCAL HEALTH INTEGRATION NETWORKSkip to content
Local Health System Integration Act, 2006
ONTARIO REGULATION 417/06
Committees of the Board of Directors of a local health integration network
Note: This Regulation was revoked on June 6, 2019. (See: 2019, c. 5, Sched. 3, s. 11 (3))
This is the English version of a bilingual regulation.
1. The board of directors of every local health integration network shall establish, by by-law, the following committees:
1. Audit Committee.
2. Community Nominations Committee. O. Reg. 417/06, s. 1.
2. The committees listed in section 1 shall report to and be accountable to the board of directors of the local health integration network. O. Reg. 417/06, s. 2.
Duties of committees
3. (1) The Audit Committee of a local health integration network shall review and provide advice and recommendations to the board of directors of the network on,
(a) the network’s obligations with respect to appropriate accounting and financial reporting;
(b) whom the network should appoint annually as its auditor;
(c) the annual audit plan of the network;
(d) the audited financial statements of the network;
(e) appropriate risk management activities; and
(f) whom a health service provider should appoint as its auditor to audit its accounts and financial transactions, if the network directs the service provider under section 21 of the Act to have such an auditor. O. Reg. 417/06, s. 3 (1).
(2) The Community Nominations Committee of a local health integration network shall,
(a) give notice to the public of vacancies on the board of directors of the network;
(b) inform the public about the objects and role of the network;
(c) identify potential appointees to the board of directors of the network through a local community nomination process; and
(d) recommend to the board of directors of the network potential appointees to the board of directors of the network. O. Reg. 417/06, s. 3 (2).