O. Reg. 550/06: PRESCRIBED MATTERS - UPPER-TIER COMMUNITY IMPROVEMENT PLANSSkip to content
ONTARIO REGULATION 550/06
PRESCRIBED MATTERS — UPPER-TIER COMMUNITY IMPROVEMENT PLANS
Consolidation Period: From January 1, 2007 to the e-Laws currency date.
This is the English version of a bilingual regulation.
1. In this Regulation,
“infrastructure” means physical structures and associated facilities that form the foundation of development, including,
(a) communications systems,
(b) electric power systems, oil and gas pipelines, alternative energy systems and renewable energy systems,
(c) transportation corridors and facilities,
(d) waste management systems, and
(e) water works, wastewater works, stormwater works and associated facilities. O. Reg. 550/06, s. 1.
Matters that may be dealt with in upper-tier community improvement plans
2. For the purposes of subsection 28 (4.0.1) of the Act, the community improvement plan of an upper-tier municipality may deal only with the following matters:
1. Infrastructure that is within the upper-tier municipality’s jurisdiction.
2. Land and buildings within and adjacent to existing or planned transit corridors that have the potential to provide a focus for higher density mixed-use development and redevelopment.
3. Affordable housing. O. Reg. 550/06, s. 2.
3. Omitted (provides for coming into force of provisions of this Regulation). O. Reg. 550/06, s. 3.