O. Reg. 364/07: VEHICLESSkip to content
Private Security and Investigative Services Act, 2005
ONTARIO REGULATION 364/07
Historical version for the period July 20, 2007 to August 22, 2009.
Note: This Regulation comes into force on August 23, 2009. See: O. Reg. 364/07, s. 5.
This is the English version of a bilingual regulation.
1. In this Regulation,
(a) an automobile, or
(b) other motor vehicle with at least four wheels and a truck or delivery body permanently attached to it. O. Reg. 364/07, s. 1.
Licensee providing security guard services to comply with regulation
2. A licensee shall not use a vehicle in the provision of security guard services that is not in compliance with this Regulation. O. Reg. 364/07, s. 2.
3. (1) If a vehicle is marked as being a vehicle used in the provision of security guard services, it must comply with the requirements of this section. O. Reg. 364/07, s. 3 (1).
(2) The word “SECURITY” or “SÉCURITÉ”, in upper case letters, must be prominently displayed in a colour that contrasts with the colour of the vehicle,
(a) on both sides of the vehicle, in letters not less than 10 centimetres high; and
(b) on the front and back of the vehicle, in letters not less than 8 centimetres high. O. Reg. 364/07, s. 3 (2).
(3) The word “security” or “sécurité” may also appear in or as part of the licensee’s crest or logo. O. Reg. 364/07, s. 3 (3).
(4) The vehicle must not have any red, blue, gold or yellow stripes or any combination of red, blue, gold or yellow stripes, except as part of the licensee’s crest or logo. O. Reg. 364/07, s. 3 (4).
4. A vehicle must not have the following terms, or any variations of them, displayed anywhere on it:
1. Detective or détective.
2. Private detective or détective privé.
4. Officer or agent de police.
5. Law enforcement or exécution de la loi. O. Reg. 364/07, s. 4.
5. Omitted (provides for coming into force of provisions of this Regulation). O. Reg. 364/07, s. 5.