O. Reg. 430/07: EXEMPTION FROM REPORTING REQUIREMENTSSkip to content
Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005
ONTARIO REGULATION 430/07
exemption from reporting requirements
Historical version for the period January 1, 2008 to June 5, 2016.
This is the English version of a bilingual regulation.
Re accessibility standards for customer service
1. (1) Every provider of goods or services that has fewer than 20 employees, other than a designated public sector organization, is exempted from the requirement to file accessibility reports under section 14 of the Act with respect to the accessibility standards for customer service established by Ontario Regulation 429/07 (Accessibility Standards for Customer Service) made under the Act. O. Reg. 430/07, s. 1 (1).
(2) The following are the reasons for this exemption:
1. It is consistent with a phased approach to implementing the Act.
2. It allows the exempted providers of goods or services to focus their efforts and resources on complying with those accessibility standards. O. Reg. 430/07, s. 1 (2).
(3) In this section, “designated public sector organization” and “provider of goods or services” have the same meaning as in Ontario Regulation 429/07. O. Reg. 430/07, s. 1 (3).
2. Omitted (provides for coming into force of provisions of this Regulation). O. Reg. 430/07, s. 2.