O. Reg. 447/07: LISTED ACTS - DELEGATION BY CITYSkip to content
City of Toronto Act, 2006
Loi de 2006 sur la cité de Toronto
ONTARIO REGULATION 447/07
listed acts — Delegation by city
Historical version for the period August 2, 2007 to March 1, 2018.
This Regulation is made in English only.
1. The following Acts are prescribed for the purpose of subsection 21 (2) of the Act:
1. Highway Traffic Act.
2. Liquor Licence Act. O. Reg. 447/07, s. 1.
Restrictions on City’s power to delegate
2. (1) The City may delegate only the following powers under the Highway Traffic Act, and only to one or more members of city council or a council committee, as described in clause 21 (1) (a) of the Act:
1. The power to designate a highway or part of a highway as a through highway for the purposes of the definition of “through highway” in subsection 1 (1) of that Act.
2. The power to prescribe rates of speed for the purposes of subsection 128 (2) of that Act.
3. The power to provide for the erection of stop signs under clause 137 (a) of that Act. O. Reg. 447/07, s. 2 (1).
(2) The City may delegate only the following powers under the Liquor Licence Act:
1. The power to designate an event as an event of municipal significance for the purposes of paragraph 3 of section 3 of Ontario Regulation 389/91 (Special Occasion Permits) made under that Act.
2. The power to designate an event as a community festival for the purposes of paragraph 6 of section 3 of the regulation mentioned in paragraph 1. O. Reg. 447/07, s. 2 (2).
3. Omitted (provides for coming into force of provisions of this Regulation). O. Reg. 447/07, s. 3.