O. Reg. 484/07: LAMPS - USE OF FLASHING RED OR GREEN LIGHTS
under Highway Traffic Act, R.S.O. 1990, c. H.8Skip to content
|current||July 1, 2018 – (e-Laws currency date)|
|April 25, 2018 – June 30, 2018|
|August 29, 2016 – April 24, 2018|
|July 1, 2011 – August 28, 2016|
|March 25, 2011 – June 30, 2011|
|September 30, 2007 – March 24, 2011|
|August 24, 2007 – September 29, 2007|
Highway Traffic Act
Code de la route
ONTARIO REGULATION 484/07
LAMPS — USE OF FLASHING RED OR GREEN LIGHTS
Historical version for the period August 24, 2007 to September 29, 2007.
Note: This Regulation comes into force on September 30, 2007. See: O. Reg. 484/07, s. 4.
This Regulation is made in English only.
1. In this Regulation,
“ambulance” has the same meaning as in subsection 1 (1) of the Ambulance Act;
“emergency” and “emergency response vehicle” have the same meanings as in subsection 1 (1) of Ontario Regulation 257/00 (General) made under the Ambulance Act;
“municipal emergency plan” means an emergency plan formulated by a municipality under section 3 of the Emergency Management and Civil Protection Act. O. Reg. 484/07, s. 1.
Use of flashing red lights
2. In addition to the vehicles listed in paragraphs 1 to 4 of subsection 62 (15.1) of the Act, the following are vehicles that may carry lamps that cast a red light to the front:
1. A Ministry of Revenue vehicle operated by a provincial offences officer designated under the Provincial Offences Act for the purposes of enforcing the Fuel Tax Act, the Gasoline Tax Act and the Tobacco Tax Act, while the officer is in the course of his or her employment.
2. An aviation and forest fire management vehicle operated by an officer designated under the Forest Fires Prevention Act, while the officer is responding to a fire or other emergency.
3. An emergency response vehicle, while used to provide emergency response services. O. Reg. 484/07, s. 2.
Use of flashing green lights
3. (1) In addition to the persons described in paragraph 1 of subsection 62 (16) of the Act, the volunteer medical responders listed in subsection (3) may carry on or in a vehicle and operate a lamp that produces intermittent flashes of green light while,
(a) proceeding and responding to, but not returning from, a medical emergency call to which a police officer, firefighter or ambulance has also been dispatched;
(b) transporting a patient at the request of a government or government agency; or
(c) performing duties assigned in a municipal emergency plan to the volunteer medical response organization of which the volunteer medical responder is a member. O. Reg. 484/07, s. 3 (1).
(2) While using flashing green lights as permitted under subsection (1), a volunteer medical responder shall carry the original or a copy of his or her photo identification of membership issued by the volunteer medical response organization and, upon the demand of a police officer or officer appointed for carrying out the provisions of the Act, shall surrender it for reasonable inspection. O. Reg. 484/07, s. 3 (2).
(3) This section applies to the following volunteer medical responders:
1. A member of Hatzoloh Toronto.
2. A member of St. John Ambulance. O. Reg. 484/07, s. 3 (3).
4. Omitted (provides for coming into force of provisions of this Regulation). O. Reg. 484/07, s. 4.