O. Reg. 496/07: CESSATION OF COAL USE - ATIKOKAN, LAMBTON, NANTICOKE AND THUNDER BAY GENERATING STATIONSSkip to content
|current||August 24, 2007 – (e-Laws currency date)|
Environmental Protection Act
Loi sur la protection de l’environnement
ONTARIO REGULATION 496/07
CESSATION OF COAL USE — ATIKOKAN, LAMBTON, NANTICOKE AND THUNDER BAY GENERATING STATIONS
Consolidation Period: From August 24, 2007 to the e-Laws currency date.
This Regulation is made in English only.
Cessation of coal use at certain generating stations
1. (1) The owner and the operator of each of the following generating stations shall ensure that coal is not used to generate electricity at the generating station after December 31, 2014:
1. Atikokan Generating Station, located on Highway 622 in the Township of Atikokan.
2. Lambton Generating Station, located on St. Clair Parkway in the Township of St. Clair.
3. Nanticoke Generating Station, located on Regional Road 55 South in Haldimand County.
4. Thunder Bay Generating Station, located on 108th Avenue in the City of Thunder Bay. O. Reg. 496/07, s. 1 (1).
(2) Subsection (1) applies in respect of each generating station named in that subsection even if the generating station’s name or ownership changes. O. Reg. 496/07, s. 1 (2).
2. Omitted (provides for coming into force of provisions of this Regulation). O. Reg. 496/07, s. 2.