O. Reg. 16/08: ASSESSMENT OF EXPENSES AND EXPENDITURESSkip to content
Ontario Energy Board Act, 1998
Loi de 1998 sur la Commission de l’énergie de l’Ontario
ONTARIO REGULATION 16/08
Assessment of Expenses and Expenditures
Historical version for the period January 1, 2011 to December 15, 2014.
Last amendment: O. Reg. 499/10.
This Regulation is made in English only.
0.1 In this Regulation,
“broader public sector” means health service providers, school boards, colleges, universities, municipalities, community and social service providers and Crown agencies, boards, commissions and authorities that provide public services under the laws of Ontario or under a ministry transfer payment program;
“broader public sector procurement agent” means, with respect to a member of the broader public sector, an entity that is controlled or owned by the member and one or more other members and that procures electricity or gas on behalf of one or more of them;
“gas marketer” has the meaning assigned by section 47 of the Act and “gas marketing” has a corresponding meaning;
“licensed gas marketer” means a gas marketer licensed under Part IV of the Act;
“licensed retailer” means a retailer licensed under Part V of the Act;
“low-volume consumer” means,
(a) in relation to electricity, a consumer who is a low-volume consumer for the purposes of Part V of the Act, or
(b) in relation to gas, a consumer who is a low-volume consumer for the purposes of Part IV of the Act;
“retail” has the meaning assigned by section 56 of the Act;
“retailer” has the meaning assigned by section 56 of the Act. O. Reg. 499/10, s. 1.
Class of persons liable for Board expenses and expenditures
1. The following persons or classes of persons are liable for the purpose of subsection 26 (1) of the Act to pay an assessment with respect to expenses incurred and expenditures made by the Board:
1. Distributors that are licensed under Part V of the Act.
2. Transmitters that are licensed under Part V of the Act.
3. Gas transmitters, gas distributors and storage companies that are subject to section 36 of the Act.
4. The IESO.
5. The OPA.
6. Ontario Power Generation.
7. Licensed gas marketers, but not broader public sector procurement agents that engage in gas marketing to only members of the broader public sector.
8. Licensed retailers who retail electricity to low-volume consumers, but not broader public sector procurement agents that retail electricity to only members of the broader public sector. O. Reg. 16/08, s. 1; O. Reg. 499/10, s. 2.
Application of s. 1
2. (1) Section 1 applies as follows:
1. The persons and classes of persons listed in paragraphs 1 to 6 of section 1 are liable to pay an assessment described in that section in respect of each fiscal year of the Board that commences on or after April 1, 2009.
2. The classes of persons listed in paragraphs 7 and 8 of section 1 are liable to pay an assessment described in that section in respect of each fiscal year of the Board that commences on or after April 1, 2011. O. Reg. 499/10, s. 3.
(2) The Board’s fiscal year commences on April 1 in each year and ends on March 31 in the following year. O. Reg. 66/09, s. 1.
3. Omitted (revokes other Regulations). O. Reg. 16/08, s. 3.
4. Omitted (provides for coming into force of provisions of this Regulation). O. Reg. 16/08, s. 4.