O. Reg. 109/08: ORDER FOR DISSOLUTION - LOCAL SERVICES BOARD OF SULTANSkip to content
|revoked or spent October 26, 2009|
|April 23, 2008 – October 25, 2009|
Northern Services Boards Act
Loi sur les régies des services publics du Nord
ONTARIO REGULATION 109/08
ORDER FOR DISSOLUTION — LOCAL SERVICES BOARD OF SULTAN
Note: This Regulation was revoked on October 26, 2009. See: O. Reg. 400/09, ss. 1, 2.
Last amendment: O. Reg. 400/09.
This Regulation is made in English only.
Dissolution of Board, Board area
1. The Local Services Board of Sultan and the Board area are hereby dissolved under section 32 of the Act. O. Reg. 109/08, s. 1.
Delivery of documents and property
2. Within 30 days of receiving a copy of this order, a member or secretary of the Board who held office at any time from October 1, 2006 to the date of the order, shall deliver to the Ministry of Northern Development and Mines, if required by the Ministry,
(a) all Board documents, records and files, including minute books, by-laws, contracts, bank account records and any other financial books and records under the Board’s care or control;
(b) all property of the Board, including title to any real property; and
(c) a certification in a form approved by the Ministry that all documents and property required by the Ministry that are under the Board’s care or control have been delivered to the Ministry. O. Reg. 109/08, s. 2.
Assets held in trust
3. The Board’s assets and liabilities are transferred in trust to the Ministry of Northern Development and Mines. O. Reg. 109/08, s. 3.
4. (1) The Ministry has general supervision of the Board’s assets and the power to do anything reasonably necessary to implement this order effectively, including,
(a) identifying, seizing and disposing of the Board’s assets;
(b) using the proceeds of any sale of assets to make the payments listed in subsection (2);
(c) appointing an agent or trustee to implement the order; and
(d) doing anything else necessary to wind up the Board’s affairs and activities. O. Reg. 109/08, s. 4 (1).
(2) The proceeds mentioned in clause (1) (b) shall be used to pay the following, in the following order:
1. The agent or trustee, if any, for costs incurred in dealing with the assets.
2. The Board’s creditors for any outstanding debts owed.
3. The Ministry’s costs in implementing this order. O. Reg. 109/08, s. 4 (2).
5. The Ministry shall publish an invitation to creditors of the Board to inform the Ministry of any claims or debts and shall do so in local newspapers in Chapleau and in other communities as may be considered appropriate. O. Reg. 109/08, s. 5.
Records and files to be kept
6. The records and files of the Board shall be kept by the Ministry for at least seven years from the date of this order. O. Reg. 109/08, s. 6.
7. Omitted (provides for coming into force of provisions of this Regulation). O. Reg. 109/08, s. 7.