O. Reg. 407/08: REPORTING TO THE REGISTRAR: ADMINISTRATIVE SUSPENSION OF DRIVERS' LICENCESSkip to content
Highway Traffic Act
Code de la route
ONTARIO REGULATION 407/08
REPORTING TO THE REGISTRAR: ADMINISTRATIVE SUSPENSION OF DRIVERS’ LICENCES
Historical version for the period November 20, 2008 to April 30, 2009.
Note: This Regulation comes into force on May 1, 2009. See: O. Reg. 407/08, s. 2.
This Regulation is made in English only.
Reporting to Registrar under various provisions of the Act
1. (1) A police officer, acting under subsection 48.3 (1) of the Act, shall notify the Registrar in accordance with this section. O. Reg. 407/08, s. 1 (1).
(2) A police officer who requests a person to surrender his or her driver’s licence under subsection 48 (2) or (3) or clause 172 (5) (a) of the Act shall notify the Registrar of the request and provide the person with the notice of suspension required under subsection 48 (11) or subsection 172 (10) of the Act, as the case may be. O. Reg. 407/08, s. 1 (2).
(3) A police officer may cause another police officer or a person employed by a police service to notify the Registrar for the purpose of subsections (1) and (2). O. Reg. 407/08, s. 1 (3).
(4) Notification shall be given to the Registrar by any means of telecommunication. O. Reg. 407/08, s. 1 (4).
(5) Notification under subsection (1) shall be given within 90 days after the day on which the person who is the subject of the notification was driving or had care, charge or control of the relevant motor vehicle. O. Reg. 407/08, s. 1 (5).
(6) Notification given under subsection (1), (2) or (3) shall be confirmed by the police officer who gave or caused the notification to be given by completing the form provided by the Registrar for that purpose and submitting it to the Registrar electronically at the time of the notification or as soon as practicable thereafter, electronically or otherwise. O. Reg. 407/08, s. 1 (6).
2. Omitted (provides for coming into force of provisions of this Regulation). O. Reg. 407/08, s. 2.