O. Reg. 466/09: ZONING AREA - AGRICULTURAL AND AGRICULTURE-RELATED USES - TOWN OF BRADFORD WEST GWILLIMBURY, COUNTY OF SIMCOE
under Planning Act, R.S.O. 1990, c. P.13Skip to content
|revoked or spent April 28, 2020|
|July 1, 2012 – April 27, 2020|
|June 28, 2011 – June 30, 2012|
|June 28, 2010 – June 27, 2011|
|December 7, 2009 – June 27, 2010|
Loi sur l’aménagement du territoire
ONTARIO REGULATION 466/09
ZONING AREA — AGRICULTURAL AND AGRICULTURE-RELATED USES — TOWN OF BRADFORD WEST GWILLIMBURY, COUNTY OF SIMCOE
Historical version for the period December 7, 2009 to June 27, 2010.
Note: This Regulation comes into force on July 1, 2010. See: O. Reg. 466/09, s. 7.
This Regulation is made in English only.
1. In this Order,
“accessory”, when used in relation to a use, building or structure, means a use, building or structure that is normally incidental, subordinate and exclusively devoted to the principal use, building or structure located on the same lot, including accommodation for permanent or temporary full-time labour and a single dwelling used in connection with an agricultural use;
“agricultural use” means a use of land or a use of a building or structure for the purposes of,
(a) growing crops, including nursery and horticultural crops,
(b) raising livestock,
(c) raising other animals for food, fur or fibre, including poultry and fish,
(f) agro-forestry, or
(g) maple syrup production;
“agriculture-related use” means a use of land or a use of a building or structure for farm-related commercial or industrial uses that are subordinate to, directly related to and required to be in close proximity to the farm operation, including,
(a) a grain drying facility,
(b) a facility for processing and storing agricultural products, including grain and seed storage and cold storage, and
(c) a seasonal farm product sales outlet;
“dwelling unit” means one or more habitable rooms capable of being occupied as an independent and separate housekeeping establishment in which separate kitchen and sanitary facilities are provided for the exclusive use of the occupants;
“lot” means a parcel of land,
(a) described in a deed or other document legally capable of conveying land, or
(b) shown as a lot or block on a registered plan of subdivision;
“single dwelling” means a building containing only one dwelling unit capable of being occupied as a permanent residence. O. Reg. 466/09, s. 1.
2. This Order applies to land in the Town of Bradford West Gwillimbury in the County of Simcoe, in the Province of Ontario, being the land outlined in red on a map numbered 220 identified by stamp of the Registrar of Regulations on December 4, 2009 and filed at the Toronto office of the Ministry of Municipal Affairs and Housing located at 777 Bay Street. O. Reg. 466/09, s. 2.
Use of land
3. Subject to section 4, every use of land and every erection, location or use of any building or structure is prohibited on the land described in section 2, except for,
(a) agricultural uses;
(b) agriculture-related uses;
(c) accessory uses;
(d) a single dwelling not used in connection with an agricultural use, that lawfully exists on the day this Order comes into force; and
(e) the erection, location or use of a building or structure for a single dwelling not used in connection with an agricultural use if on a vacant lot that lawfully exists on the day this Order comes into force. O. Reg. 466/09, s. 3.
Use of land, Environmental Protection Zone
4. Every use of land and every erection, location or use of any building or structure is prohibited in the Environmental Protection Zone as shown on the map referred to in section 2 except for,
(a) conservation and management of plants and wildlife; and
(b) flood and erosion control. O. Reg. 466/09, s. 4.
Minimum distance separation
5. Every use of land described in section 2 and every erection, location or use of any building or structure on land described in section 2 shall comply with the minimum distance separation formulae set out in Publication 707 of the Ministry of Agriculture, Food and Rural Affairs entitled “Minimum Distance Separation (MDS) Formulae — Implementation Guidelines”, published in 2006 and available from that Ministry. O. Reg. 466/09, s. 5.
6. (1) Every use of land and every erection, location or use of any building or structure shall be in accordance with this Order. O. Reg. 466/09, s. 6 (1).
(2) Nothing in this Order prevents the use of any land, building or structure for any use prohibited by this Order if the land, building or structure is lawfully used on the day this Order comes into force. O. Reg. 466/09, s. 6 (2).
(3) Nothing in this Order prevents the reconstruction of any building or structure that is damaged or destroyed by causes beyond the control of the owner if the dimensions of the original building or structure are not increased or its original use altered. O. Reg. 466/09, s. 6 (3).
(4) Nothing in this Order prevents the strengthening or restoration to a safe condition of any building or structure. O. Reg. 466/09, s. 6 (4).
7. Omitted (provides for coming into force of provisions of this Regulation). O. Reg. 466/09, s. 7.