O. Reg. 40/11: WATER TECHNOLOGY ACCELERATION PROJECTSkip to content
Water Opportunities Act, 2010
Water Technology Acceleration Project
Note: This Regulation was revoked on October 22, 2021. (See: O. Reg. 726/21, s. 1)
Legislative History:, .
This is the English version of a bilingual regulation.
1. Words and expressions used in this Regulation have the same meanings as in Part II of the Act. O. Reg. 40/11, s. 1.
Composition of the board
2. (1) The board shall be composed of at least six and not more than 11 members. O. Reg. 40/11, s. 2 (1).
(2) Upon the expiry of a member’s term of office or the creation of a vacancy on the board for any other reason, the remaining members of the board,
(a) shall elect a person to fill the office, if the expiry of the term or the vacancy results in less than six members sitting on the board; or
(b) may elect a person to fill the office, if there are still six or more members on the board despite the expiry of the term or the vacancy. O. Reg. 40/11, s. 7 (1).
(3) If at any time the board is composed of less than 11 members, the members of the board may elect one or more additional members. O. Reg. 40/11, s. 7 (1).
(4) In electing members, the members of the board shall endeavour to ensure that the board includes,
(a) an officer or employee of an academic institution;
(b) an officer or employee of a private sector corporation engaged in,
(i) developing and marketing water and wastewater technologies or services, or
(ii) raising capital for or financing the development of water and wastewater technology sector;
(c) an entrepreneur who owns or manages an innovative small business in Ontario’s clean-technology sector; and
(d) an officer or employee of a municipality. O. Reg. 40/11, s. 7 (1).
(5) The members of the board shall endeavour to ensure that all members elected to the board are persons who will assist the Corporation in effectively carrying out its objects, regardless of whether the person is described in any of clauses (4) (a) to (d) or is a person from another sector of Ontario’s economy. O. Reg. 40/11, s. 7 (1).
(6) Members of the board who were elected under subsection (2) or (3) are eligible for re-election and members of the board who were appointed by the Minister before April 1, 2012 are also eligible for election. O. Reg. 40/11, s. 7 (1).
(7) The members of the board who are in office on April 1, 2012 continue in office until the expiry of their term of office. O. Reg. 40/11, s. 7 (1).
3. (1) The board shall designate one of its members as chair of the board. O. Reg. 40/11, s. 7 (2).
(2) The chair of the board has a second or casting vote in the event of a tie. O. Reg. 40/11, s. 3 (2).
4. A quorum consists of a majority of the members of the board. O. Reg. 40/11, s. 4.
Remuneration and expenses
5. The members of the board are not entitled to any remuneration, but may be reimbursed for reasonable expenses incurred in the performance of their duties. O. Reg. 40/11, s. 5.
Application of Not-for-Profit Corporations Act, 2010
6. Sections 41, 46 and 166 to 168 of the Not-for-Profit Corporations Act, 2010 apply, with necessary modifications, to the Corporation and the members of the board. O. Reg. 40/11, s. 7 (3).
7. Omitted (provides for amendments to this Regulation). O. Reg. 40/11, s. 7.
8. Omitted (provides for coming into force of provisions of this Regulation). O. Reg. 40/11, s. 8.