O. Reg. 304/13: VOTER IDENTIFICATION
under Municipal Elections Act, 1996, S.O. 1996, c. 32, Sched.Skip to content
Municipal Elections Act, 1996
Consolidation Period: From April 11, 2022 to the e-Laws currency date.
Last amendment: 315/22.
Legislative History: 151/18, 58/22, 315/22.
This is the English version of a bilingual regulation.
Proof of identity and residence
1. The following is prescribed as the proof of identity and residence that a person may present for the purposes of paragraph 1 of subsection 52 (1) of the Act:
1. An original, or a certified or notarial copy, of a document that is listed in Schedule 1 and shows the person’s name and qualifying address. O. Reg. 304/13, s. 1; O. Reg. 151/18, s. 1.
Form for application and statutory declaration
2. The following is prescribed as the form that a person may complete for the purposes of paragraph 1 of subsection 52 (1) of the Act:
1. Form 9, entitled “Declaration of Identity” (application and statutory declaration under paragraph 1 of subsection 52 (1) of the Act), dated April, 2022 and available on the website of the Government of Ontario Central Forms Repository under the listing for the Ministry of Municipal Affairs. O. Reg. 304/13, s. 2; O. Reg. 151/18, s. 1, 2; O. Reg. 58/22, s. 1.
1. An Ontario driver’s licence.
2. An Ontario Health Card (photo card).
3. An Ontario Photo Card.
4. An Ontario motor vehicle permit (vehicle portion).
5. A cancelled personalized cheque.
6. A mortgage statement, lease or rental agreement relating to property in Ontario.
7. An insurance policy or insurance statement.
8. A loan agreement or other financial agreement with a financial institution.
9. A document issued or certified by a court in Ontario.
10. Any other document from the government of Canada, Ontario or a municipality in Ontario or from an agency of such a government.
11. Any document from a Band Council in Ontario established under the Indian Act (Canada).
12. An income tax assessment notice.
13. A Child Tax Benefit Statement.
14. A Statement of Employment Insurance Benefits Paid T4E.
15. A Statement of Old Age Security T4A (OAS).
16. A Statement of Canada Pension Plan Benefits T4A (P).
17. A Canada Pension Plan Statement of Contributions.
18. A Statement of Direct Deposit for Ontario Works.
19. A Statement of Direct Deposit for Ontario Disability Support Program.
20. A Workplace Safety and Insurance Board Statement of Benefits T5007.
21. A property tax assessment.
22. A credit card statement, bank account statement, or RRSP, RRIF, RHOSP or T5 statement.
23. A CNIB Card or a card from another registered charitable organization that provides services to persons with disabilities.
24. A hospital card or record.
25. A document showing campus residence, issued by the office or officials responsible for student residence at a post-secondary institution.
26. A document showing residence at a long-term care home under the Fixing Long-Term Care Act, 2021, issued by the Administrator for the home.
27. A utility bill for hydro, water, gas, telephone or cable TV or a bill from a public utilities commission.
28. A cheque stub, T4 statement or pay receipt issued by an employer.
29. A transcript or report card from a post-secondary school.
O. Reg. 304/13, Sched. 1; O. Reg. 315/22, s. 1.
3. Omitted (revokes other Regulations). O. Reg. 304/13, s. 3.
4. Omitted (provides for coming into force of provisions of this Regulation). O. Reg. 304/13, s. 4.