O. Reg. 132/14: CERTIFIED EVIDENCESkip to content
Provincial Offences Act
Historical version for the period December 8, 2020 to December 13, 2020.
This is the English version of a bilingual regulation.
1. (1) Every offence for which there is a set fine, other than an offence referred to in subsection (2), is specified for the purposes of clause 48.1 (1) (b) of the Act.
(2) The following offences for which there is a set fine are not specified for the purposes of clause 48.1 (1) (b) of the Act:
1. Every offence under a provision of an Act, regulation or municipal by-law that, on the offence date indicated in the offence notice, is set out in the Table to Ontario Regulation 339/94 (Demerit Point System) made under the Highway Traffic Act.
2. An offence under section 128 of the Highway Traffic Act.
Note: On December 14, 2020, the day section 11 of Schedule 35 to the Stronger, Fairer Ontario Act (Budget Measures), 2017 comes into force, section 1 of the Regulation is revoked. (See: O. Reg. 710/20, s. 1)
Other types of certified evidence
2. The following types of certified evidence are specified for the purposes of paragraph 3 of subsection 48.1 (2) of the Act:
1. A certified copy of a photograph taken by a provincial offences officer.
2. In respect of a document, a certified statement by a provincial offences officer that he or she served the document on the person charged, with the date and method of service indicated.
3. A certified statement by a provincial offences officer respecting the configuration, weight, dimensions or other characteristics of a vehicle inspected by the provincial offences officer.
3. Omitted (provides for coming into force of provisions of this Regulation).