O. Reg. 143/15: GENERALSkip to content
|current||June 16, 2015 – (e-Laws currency date)|
Government Advertising Act, 2004
ONTARIO REGULATION 143/15
Consolidation Period: From June 16, 2015 to the e-Laws currency date.
This is the English version of a bilingual regulation.
Exemption from preliminary review
1. An item to which section 2 of the Act applies is exempt from preliminary review if it is an item other than an advertisement that a government office proposes to pay to have broadcast on television or in a cinema.
2. (1) Subject to subsection (2), clause 2 (1) (c) of the Act applies with respect to an advertisement consisting of video, text, images or any combination of these that a government office proposes to pay to have displayed on a website, other than a social media website such as Facebook or Twitter.
(2) Clause 2 (1) (c) of the Act does not apply to an advertisement that would be displayed on a website solely as a result of the use by the government office of a search marketing service, such as Google AdWords.
Timing of notices of results
3. (1) In this section,
“business day” means Monday to Friday, excluding holidays.
(2) The prescribed number of days within which the Auditor General is required by subsection 7 (1) of the Act to notify the head of a government office of the results of a preliminary review is nine business days.
(3) The prescribed number of days within which the Auditor General is required by subsection 7 (2) of the Act to notify the head of a government office of the results of a final review is five business days.
4. Omitted (revokes other Regulations).
5. Omitted (provides for coming into force of provisions of this Regulation).