O. Reg. 61/16: GENERAL
under Horse Racing Licence Act, 2015, S.O. 2015, c. 38, Sched. 9Skip to content
|current||April 1, 2016 – (e-Laws currency date)|
|March 24, 2016 – March 31, 2016|
Horse Racing Licence Act, 2015
ONTARIO REGULATION 61/16
Consolidation Period: From April 1, 2016 to the e-Laws currency date.
This is the English version of a bilingual regulation.
Eligibility for appointment to the Panel
1. The following are the prescribed requirements in order for a person to be eligible to be appointed to the Panel for the purposes of subsection 7 (3) of the Act:
1. The person must be of good character and reputation.
2. The person must have experience, knowledge or training in the subject matter and legal issues dealt with by the Panel.
3. The person must have the ability to carry out the duties of a Panel member with honesty and integrity and in the public interest.
4. The person must have successfully completed such evaluations of the matters referred to in paragraphs 1 to 3 as have been set by the Board.
2. The following are additional capacities, with respect to horse racing in any of its forms, for which a licence is required under section 10 of the Act, together with the licence that is required with respect to that capacity:
1. A person acting as an assistant trainer is required to have an Assistant Trainer licence.
2. A person acting as a hot walker is required to have a Hot Walker licence.
3. A person acting as a pari-mutuel ticket seller is required to have a Pari-Mutuel Ticket Seller licence.
4. A person acting in respect of maintenance, housekeeping or security at a racetrack is required to have an Occupational licence.
5. A person acting as a Commission official is required to have a Commission Official licence.
6. A person acting on behalf of an association is required to have an Association Official licence.
7. A person acting with respect to horse racing while being the spouse of a licensee is required to have a Spouse of a Licensee licence (this does not apply to a person who already holds another licence).
8. A person acting as the authorized agent of a licensee is required to have an Authorized Agent of a Licensee licence.
9. A person carrying on business as a stable or as a corporation that works with respect to horse racing is required to a have a Stable/Corporation licence.
10. A person acting as a stable manager or corporate manager is required to have a Stable or Corporate Manager licence.
11. A person participating in the horse improvement program known as “the breeder benefit program” is required to have a Program Breed licence.
12. A person acting as the trustee or estate trustee of a licensee is required to have an Estate/Trust licence.
13. A person acting as an operator of pari-mutuel operations is required to have an Operator of Pari-Mutuel Operations licence.
14. A person acting as the operator of a fair or non-extended meet is required to have an Operator of a Fair/Non-Extended Meet licence.
3. (1) The procedures under the Ontario Racing Commission Rules of Procedure, dated March 4, 2008, shall be followed where a proceeding under the Racing Commission Act, 2000 is continued after the repeal of that Act.
(2) The Alcohol and Gaming Commission of Ontario may continue to hold, in the name of the Ontario Racing Commission, bank accounts of the Ontario Racing Commission that existed before section 2 of the Act came into force, until the member of the Executive Council responsible for the administration of the Act directs that those accounts be closed.
(3) A conviction against, or a ruling, order or judgment in favour of or against the Ontario Racing Commission that existed before section 2 of the Act came into force may be enforced by or against the Alcohol and Gaming Commission of Ontario.
(4) The Alcohol and Gaming Commission of Ontario shall be deemed to be the party plaintiff, or the party defendant, as the case may be, in any civil action commenced by or against the Ontario Racing Commission before section 2 of the Act came into force.
4. Omitted (provides for coming into force of provisions of this Regulation).