O. Reg. 194/16: REPORTING TO THE REGISTRAR: ADMINISTRATIVE SUSPENSION OF DRIVERS' LICENCES
under Highway Traffic Act, R.S.O. 1990, c. H.8Skip to content
|current||November 28, 2021 – (e-Laws currency date)|
|November 5, 2021 – November 27, 2021|
|October 2, 2016 – November 4, 2021|
|June 9, 2016 – October 1, 2016|
Highway Traffic Act
ONTARIO REGULATION 194/16
REPORTING TO THE REGISTRAR: ADMINISTRATIVE SUSPENSION OF DRIVERS’ LICENCES
Historical version for the period October 2, 2016 to November 4, 2021.
This Regulation is made in English only.
Reporting under s. 172 of the Act
1. (1) A police officer who requests a person to surrender his or her driver’s licence under clause 172 (5) (a) of the Act shall notify the Registrar of the request and provide the person with the notice of suspension required under subsection 172 (10) of the Act.
(2) A police officer may cause another police officer or a person employed by a police service to notify the Registrar under subsection (1).
(3) Notification shall be given to the Registrar by any means of telecommunication.
(4) Notification shall be confirmed by the police officer who gave or caused the notification to be given by completing the form provided by the Registrar for that purpose and submitting it to the Registrar electronically at the time of the notification or as soon as practicable afterwards, electronically or otherwise.
2. Omitted (revokes other Regulations).
3. Omitted (provides for coming into force of provisions of this Regulation).