O. Reg. 236/16: DEFINITIONSSkip to content
Excellent Care for All Act, 2010
Consolidation Period: From September 1, 2022 to the e-Laws currency date.
This is the English version of a bilingual regulation.
1. For the purposes of the Act,
“caregiver” means any individual who provides or has provided care or support to a patient or former patient.
Home and community care services
2. (1) Where a home and community care service is prescribed under this section, the reference is to that service as defined in Ontario Regulation 187/22 (Home and Community Care Services) made under the Connecting Care Act, 2019. O. Reg. 193/22, s. 1 (1).
(2) Revoked: O. Reg. 193/22, s. 1 (3).
(3) Every health service provider and Ontario Health Team that is funded under section 21 of the Connecting Care Act, 2019 to provide any of the services listed in subsection (4) of this section is a provider or Team for the purposes of clause (b) of the definition of “health sector organization” in section 1 of the Act. O. Reg. 193/22, s. 1 (2).
(4) For the purposes of clause (b) of the definition of “health sector organization” in section 1 of the Act, the following are the prescribed home and community care services:
1. Professional services.
2. Personal support services.
3. Homemaking services, but only if the health service provider or Ontario Health Team is not permitted to charge for the service. O. Reg. 193/22, s. 1 (2).