O. Reg. 482/16: GENERALSkip to content
Quality of Care Information Protection Act, 2016
ONTARIO REGULATION 482/16
Historical version for the period December 20, 2016 to June 30, 2017.
Note: THIS REGULATION IS NOT YET IN FORCE. It comes into force on July 1, 2017.
This is the English version of a bilingual regulation.
1. The following information is not quality of care information for the purposes of the Act:
1. The fact that a quality of care committee met or conducted a review.
2. When the meeting or review took place.
Definition, “member of the quality of care committee”
2. For the purposes of the Act,
“member of the quality of care committee” includes every person who participates or assists with the committee’s quality of care functions as defined in section 2 of the Act.
Quality oversight entities
3. The following entities are prescribed as quality oversight entities for the purposes of the Act:
1. Any agency that is designated to carry out a quality management program under the Laboratory and Specimen Collection Centre Licensing Act, in respect of its activities under that Act.
2. The Canadian Blood Services, in respect of its laboratory and specimen collection centres and its other health care services.
4. Omitted (provides for coming into force of provisions of this Regulation).