O. Reg. 483/16: DEFINITIONSSkip to content
Quality of Care Information Protection Act, 2016
ONTARIO REGULATION 483/16
Historical version for the period March 24, 2017 to June 30, 2017.
Note: THIS REGULATION IS NOT YET IN FORCE. It comes into force on July 1, 2017.
Last amendment: O. Reg. 80/17.
This is the English version of a bilingual regulation.
Prescribed entity, health facility
1. The following entities are prescribed as health facilities for the purposes of clause (e) of the definition of “health facility” in subsection 2 (1) of the Act:
1. A long-term care home within the meaning of the Long-Term Care Homes Act, 2007.
2. A laboratory or a specimen collection centre as defined in section 5 of the Laboratory and Specimen Collection Centre Licensing Act.
2. The following are prescribed as criteria that a body must meet for the purposes of clause (b) of the definition of “quality of care committee” in subsection 2 (1) of the Act:
1. Before beginning to act as a quality of care committee, the committee must be designated in writing as a quality of care committee for the purposes of the Act by,
Note: On July 1, 2017, paragraph 1 of section 2 of the Regulation is amended by striking out “for the purposes of the Act” in the portion before subparagraph i and substituting “for the purposes of the Act or of the Quality of Care Information Protection Act, 2004”. (See: O. Reg. 80/17, s. 1)
i. the health facility or the quality oversight entity that established, appointed or approved it, or
ii. if the quality of care committee was established, appointed or approved by a combination of health facilities or quality oversight entities, each such facility or entity.
2. The terms of reference of the quality of care committee and its designation must be available on request to members of the public.
3. Omitted (provides for coming into force of provisions of this Regulation).