O. Reg. 59/17: VEGETABLES FOR PROCESSING - NEGOTIATING AGENCIES AND SPECIFIED NEGOTIATION DEADLINES IN 2017Skip to content
|current||March 3, 2017 – (e-Laws currency date)|
Farm Products Marketing Act
Loi sur la commercialisation des produits agricoles
ONTARIO REGULATION 59/17
VEGETABLES FOR PROCESSING - NEGOTIATING AGENCIES AND SPECIFIED NEGOTIATION DEADLINES IN 2017
Consolidation Period: From March 3, 2017 to the e-Laws currency date.
This Regulation is made in English only.
1. In this Regulation,
“local board” means the local board known as the Ontario Processing Vegetable Growers.
Negotiating agency members - termination
2. Despite Regulation 440 of the Revised Regulations of Ontario, 1990 (Vegetables for Processing - Marketing) made under the Act, the terms of office of the members of negotiating agencies appointed by the local board and holding office immediately before this Regulation comes into force are terminated.
Appointment of individuals to negotiating agencies
3. (1) Despite Regulation 440 (Vegetables for Processing - Marketing) made under the Act, the trustee of the local board appointed under Ontario Regulation 58/17 (Vegetables for Processing - Appointment of Trustee) made under the Act shall appoint individuals to each negotiating agency within 14 days after this Regulation comes into force.
(2) A member of a negotiating agency appointed under this section shall hold office from the time of the appointment until the earlier of,
(a) January 15, 2018; or
(b) the day the member’s successor is appointed by the trustee or by the local board that is constituted in 2017 in accordance with sections 10 and 11 of the Schedule to Regulation 441 of the Revised Regulations of Ontario, 1990 (Vegetables for Processing - Plan) made under the Act.
Extension of deadlines for negotiation in Regulation 440
4. (1) Despite the deadlines set out in Columns II to V of the Schedule to Regulation 440 with respect to Item 4 (Tomatoes), Item 5 (Carrots), Item 6 (Cabbage) and Item 10 (Green and Waxed Beans) in that Schedule, all of the deadlines set out in Columns II to V opposite those items are deemed to be extended by 14 calendar days for the negotiations taking place in 2017, subject to subsection (2).
(2) The extension provided for in subsection (1) does not apply in respect of the vegetables described in an agreement adopted or settled by a negotiating agency if the agreement was adopted or settled on or after January 1, 2017 but before March 3, 2017.
(3) Subsections 89 (1) and (2) of the Legislation Act, 2006 do not apply to this section.
5. Omitted (provides for coming into force of provisions of this Regulation).