O. Reg. 239/18: GENERALSkip to content
Indigenous Institutes Act, 2017
Consolidation Period: From April 9, 2020 to the e-Laws currency date.
This is the English version of a bilingual regulation.
1. The Indigenous Advanced Education and Skills Council, incorporated under the Canada Not-for-profit Corporations Act, is recognized as the Council for the purposes of the Act.
2. The following Indigenous Institutes are prescribed for the purposes of section 6 of the Act:
1. Anishinabek Educational Institute as represented by the Union of Ontario Indians.
2. The First Nations Technical Institute.
3. Iohahi:io Akwesasne Education & Training Institute as represented by the Mohawks of Akwesasne.
4. Kenjgewin Teg.
5. Ogwehoweh Skills and Trades Training Centre as represented by the Grand River Employment & Training Inc.
6. Oshki-Pimache-O-Win: The Wenjack Education Institute.
7. Seven Generations Education Institute.
8. Shingwauk Teaching Lodge (Shingwauk Kinoomaage Gamig).
9. Six Nations Polytechnic Inc. O. Reg. 239/18, s. 2; O. Reg. 133/20, s. 1.