O. Reg. 239/18: GENERALSkip to content
Indigenous Institutes Act, 2017
Historical version for the period April 13, 2018 to April 8, 2020.
This is the English version of a bilingual regulation.
1. The Indigenous Advanced Education and Skills Council, incorporated under the Canada Not-for-profit Corporations Act, is recognized as the Council for the purposes of the Act.
2. The following Indigenous Institutes are prescribed for the purposes of section 6 of the Act:
1. Anishinabek Educational Institute as represented by the Union of Ontario Indians.
2. The First Nations Technical Institute.
3. Iohahi:io Akwesasne Adult Education and Training Centre as represented by the Mohawks of Akwesasne.
4. Kenjgewin Teg Educational Institute.
5. Ogwehoweh Skills and Trades Training Centre as represented by the Grand River Employment & Training Inc.
6. Oshki-Pimache-O-Win: The Wenjack Education Institute.
7. Seven Generations Education Institute.
8. Shingwauk Teaching Lodge (Shingwauk Kinoomaage Gamig).
9. Six Nations Polytechnic Inc.