O. Reg. 336/19: ZONING ORDER - MUNICIPALITY OF CLARINGTON, REGIONAL MUNICIPALITY OF DURHAM
under Planning Act, R.S.O. 1990, c. P.13Skip to content
|current||October 15, 2019 – (e-Laws currency date)|
Loi sur l’aménagement du territoire
ZONING ORDER — MUNICIPALITY OF CLARINGTON, REGIONAL MUNICIPALITY OF DURHAM
Consolidation Period: From October 15, 2019 to the e-Laws currency date.
This Regulation is made in English only.
1. In this Order,
“accessory” means a use, building or structure that is normally incidental or subordinate to a principal use, building or structure located on lands described in section 2, including but not limited to,
(a) administrative offices,
(b) dining facilities,
(c) doctors’ offices,
(d) nursing stations, and
(e) activity rooms;
“long-term care home” has the same meaning as in the Long-Term Care Homes Act, 2007.
2. This Order applies to lands in the Municipality of Clarington, in the Regional Municipality of Durham, being the lands outlined in red on a map numbered 232 and filed at the Toronto office of the Ministry of Municipal Affairs and Housing located at 777 Bay Street.
3. Every use of land and every erection, location or use of any building or structure is prohibited on the lands described in section 2, except a 224-bed capacity long-term care home, together with accessory uses, buildings and structures.
4. (1) The zoning requirements for the lands described in section 2 are as follows:
1. The minimum height of the long-term care home is 2 storeys.
2. There is no maximum height of the long-term care home.
3. There is no minimum lot area.
4. There is no minimum lot frontage.
5. There is no maximum lot coverage.
6. The minimum yard setback to the north, east, south and west lot lines is 5 metres.
7. The maximum yard setback to the east lot line is 10 metres.
8. The minimum landscaped open space is 25 per cent.
9. No parking or loading spaces may be located in the front yard.
(2) Except as provided in subsection (1), the provisions of Municipality of Clarington Comprehensive Zoning By-law 84-63, as amended, continue to apply.
5. (1) Every use of land and every erection, location or use of any building or structure shall be in accordance with this Order.
(2) Nothing in this Order prevents the use of any land, building or structure for any use prohibited by this Order if the land, building or structure is lawfully so used on the day this Order comes into force.
(3) Nothing in this Order prevents the reconstruction of any building or structure that is damaged or destroyed by causes beyond the control of the owner if the dimensions of the original building or structure are not increased or its original use altered.
(4) Nothing in this Order prevents the strengthening or restoration to a safe condition of any building or structure.
6. Omitted (provides for coming into force of provisions of this Regulation).