O. Reg. 80/20: ORDER UNDER SUBSECTION 7.0.2 (4) OF THE ACT - ELECTRICITY PRICE FOR RPP CONSUMERSSkip to content
Emergency Management and Civil Protection Act
ORDER UNDER SUBSECTION 7.0.2 (4) OF THE ACT - ELECTRICITY PRICE FOR RPP CONSUMERS
Consolidation Period: From May 29, 2020 to the e-Laws currency date.
Note: This Order is revoked on July 22, 2020, unless it is extended. (See s. 7.0.8 of the Act and O. Reg. 106/20, Sched. 1)
This is the English version of a bilingual regulation.
Whereas an emergency was declared pursuant to Order in Council 518/2020 (Ontario Regulation 50/20) on March 17, 2020 at 7:30 a.m. Toronto time pursuant to section 7.0.1 of the Emergency Management and Civil Protection Act (the “Act”);
And Whereas the criteria set out in subsection 7.0.2 (2) of the Act have been satisfied;
Now Therefore, this Order is made pursuant to paragraph 11 of subsection 7.0.2 (4) of the Act, the terms of which are set out in Schedule 1;
And Further, this Order applies generally throughout Ontario.
ELECTRICITY PRICE FOR RPP CONSUMERS
1. The commodity price for electricity payable by an RPP consumer, as defined in the Ontario Energy Board’s Standard Supply Service Code (“SSS Code”), that is paying electricity prices set in accordance with section 3.4 of the SSS Code shall be fixed at the applicable rate set out in section 2 for each of the following price periods referred to in section 3.4 of the SSS Code:
1. The price period referred to in that section as RPEMOFF.
2. The price period referred to in that section as RPEMMID.
3. The price period referred to in that section as RPEMON.
2. The following are the applicable rates for the purposes of section 1:
1. 10.1 cents/kWh for the period beginning at the first instant of March 24, 2020 and ending at the last instant of May 31, 2020 or, if this Order is revoked on or before May 31, 2020, at the last instant of the day immediately preceding the day on which it is revoked.
2. If this Order is not revoked on or before June 1, 2020, for the period beginning at the first instant of June 1, 2020 and ending at the last instant of the day immediately preceding the day on which this Order is revoked, 12.8 cents/kWh, that rate being equivalent to the forecast average RPP supply cost for RPP consumers set out in the document entitled “Regulated Price Plan: Price Report” issued by the Ontario Energy Board on October 22, 2019.
O. Reg. 80/20, Sched. 1; O. Reg. 243/20, s. 1, 2.