O. Reg. 104/20: EMERGENCY ORDER UNDER SUBSECTION 7.0.2 (4) OF THE ACT - CLOSURE OF OUTDOOR RECREATIONAL AMENITIES
under Emergency Management and Civil Protection Act, R.S.O. 1990, c. E.9Skip to content
|revoked or spent July 17, 2020|
|June 11, 2020 – July 16, 2020|
|May 19, 2020 – June 10, 2020|
|April 24, 2020 – May 18, 2020|
|March 30, 2020 – April 23, 2020|
Emergency Management and Civil Protection Act
EMERGENCY ORDER UNDER SUBSECTION 7.0.2 (4) OF THE ACT - CLOSURE OF OUTDOOR RECREATIONAL AMENITIES
Note: This Order is revoked on May 6, 2020, unless it is extended. (See s. 7.0.8 of the Act and O. Reg. 106/20, Sched. 1)
Historical version for the period March 30, 2020 to April 23, 2020.
This is the English version of a bilingual regulation.
Whereas an emergency was declared pursuant to Order in Council 518/2020 (Ontario Regulation 50/20) on March 17, 2020 at 7:30 a.m. Toronto time pursuant to section 7.0.1 of the Emergency Management and Civil Protection Act (the “Act”);
And Whereas the criteria set out in subsection 7.0.2 (2) of the Act have been satisfied;
Now Therefore, this Order is made pursuant to subsection 7.0.2 (4) of the Act, in particular paragraphs 2, 5 and 14 of that subsection, the terms of which are set out in Schedule 1;
And Further, this Order applies generally throughout Ontario;
And Further, this Order shall be in effect for the duration of the declared emergency, subject to section 7.0.8 of the Act.
CLosure of Outdoor Recreational Amenities
1. (1) For the purposes of this Schedule,
“outdoor recreational amenities” means the following:
1. All outdoor playgrounds, play structures and equipment.
2. All outdoor sports facilities and multi-use fields, including,
i. baseball diamonds,
ii. soccer fields,
iii. frisbee golf locations,
iv. tennis, platform tennis, table tennis and pickleball courts,
v. basketball courts,
vi. BMX parks, and
vii. skate parks.
3. All off-leash dog areas.
4. All portions of park and recreational areas containing outdoor fitness equipment.
5. All outdoor allotment gardens and community gardens.
6. All outdoor picnic sites, benches and shelters in park and recreational areas.
(2) Outdoor recreational amenities that are intended for use by more than one family are closed, regardless of whether they are publicly or privately owned and regardless of whether they are attached to a park system.
(3) No person shall enter or use an outdoor recreational amenity described in subsection (2) except for a maintenance, safety, law enforcement or other similar purpose.
(4) For greater certainty, nothing in this Order precludes individuals from walking through or using portions of park and recreational areas that are not otherwise closed and that do not contain an outdoor recreational amenity described in subsection (2).