O. Reg. 156/20: DEPLOYMENT OF EMPLOYEES OF SERVICE PROVIDER ORGANIZATIONS
under Reopening Ontario (A Flexible Response to COVID-19) Act, 2020, S.O. 2020, c. 17Skip to content
|revoked or spent March 28, 2022|
|March 24, 2022 – March 27, 2022|
|July 15, 2020 – March 23, 2022|
|April 16, 2020 – July 14, 2020|
Reopening Ontario (A Flexible Response to COVID-19) Act, 2020
formerly under Emergency Management and Civil Protection Act
DEPLOYMENT OF EMPLOYEES OF SERVICE PROVIDER ORGANIZATIONS
Note: This Regulation was revoked on March 28, 2022. (See: O. Reg. 235/22, s. 1)
Last amendment: 235/22.
Legislative History: 394/20, 235/22.
This is the English version of a bilingual regulation.
Terms of Order
1. The terms of this Order are set out in Schedule 1. O. Reg. 394/20, s. 3.
1. In this Order,
“contracted service provider organization” means, with respect to a local health integration network, a person who provides homemaking services, personal support services or professional services within the meaning of the Home Care and Community Services Act, 1994 purchased by the local health integration network; (“organisation contractuelle de prestation de services”)
“local health integration network” has the same meaning as in section 2 of the Local Health System Integration Act, 2006. (“réseau local d’intégration des services de santé”)
2. (1) Despite any statute, regulation, policy, arrangement or agreement that provides otherwise, a local health integration network is authorized to request that a contracted service provider organization provide health care and related social services, other than community services within the meaning of the Home Care and Community Services Act, 1994, in a setting identified by the local health integration network, and the local health integration network is also authorized to fund those services.
(2) A contracted service provider organization is authorized to accept a request made by a local health integration network and to deploy its employees to provide the requested services, despite any statute or regulation that provides otherwise.
(3) An employee of a contracted service provider organization is not required to agree to provide the requested services.
Compliance with other Orders and the Health Protection and Promotion Act
3. Despite anything in this Order, local health integration networks and contracted service provider organizations shall comply with any order or directive issued under the Health Protection and Promotion Act as it relates to them.
O. Reg. 156/20; O. Reg. 394/20, s. 4.