O. Reg. 210/20: MANAGEMENT OF LONG-TERM CARE HOMES IN OUTBREAKSkip to content
Reopening Ontario (A Flexible Response to COVID-19) Act, 2020
formerly under Emergency Management and Civil Protection Act
MANAGEMENT OF LONG-TERM CARE HOMES IN OUTBREAK
Consolidation Period: From July 15, 2020 to the e-Laws currency date.
This is the English version of a bilingual regulation.
Terms of Order
1. The terms of this Order are set out in Schedule 1. O. Reg. 406/20, s. 3.
1. In this Order,
“Director” has the same meaning as in subsection 2 (1) of the Long-Term Care Homes Act, 2007; (“directeur”)
“long-term care home” has the same meaning as in subsection 2 (1) of the Long-Term Care Homes Act, 2007. (“foyer de soins de longue durée”)
Authority to make mandatory management orders, long-term care homes in outbreak
2. (1) The Director is authorized to make an order under subsection 156 (1) of the Long-Term Care Homes Act, 2007 with respect to a long-term care home if at least one resident or staff member in the long-term care home has tested positive for the coronavirus (COVID-19) in a laboratory test.
(2) Subsection (1) applies despite any requirement or grounds set out in the Long-Term Care Homes Act, 2007 or Ontario Regulation 79/10 (General) made under that Act, and despite any other statute, regulation, order or policy.
(3) An order made pursuant to subsection (1) shall set out the period of time during which the order is in effect but the period shall not extend past the day this Order ceases to apply or is revoked.
(4) An order made pursuant to subsection (1) may set out the name of the person who is to manage the long-term care home.
O. Reg. 210/20, Sched. 1; O. Reg. 406/20, s. 4.