O. Reg. 343/20: ZONING ORDER - CITY OF TORONTOSkip to content
|current||July 2, 2020 – (e-Laws currency date)|
Loi sur l’aménagement du territoire
ZONING ORDER - CITY OF TORONTO
Consolidation Period: From July 2, 2020 to the e-Laws currency date.
This Regulation is made in English only.
1. In this Order,
“ancillary” means a use, building or structure that is naturally and normally incidental, subordinate in purpose or floor area, and exclusively devoted to the apartment building on the same land, including but not limited to,
(a) administrative offices,
(b) kitchen and dining facilities,
(c) activity rooms, and
(d) a lounge.
2. This Order applies to lands in the City of Toronto in the Province of Ontario, being all of Lots 21, 22, 87 and 88 and part of Lots 23, 86 and 89, as identified by Property Identification Number 060003-0148 (LT) registered in the Land Registry Office for the Land Titles Division of Toronto (No. 80).
3. Every use of land and every erection, location or use of any building or structure is prohibited on the lands described in section 2 except for an apartment building and ancillary uses, buildings or structures.
4. Despite City of Toronto Zoning By-law No. 569-2013, the zoning requirements for the lands described in section 2 are as follows:
1. The maximum building height is 12 metres and 3 storeys.
2. A maximum of 56 dwelling units is permitted.
3. The maximum lot coverage is 40 per cent.
4. The minimum yard setback to the north lot line is 7.5 metres for a building and 1.5 metres for an ancillary building or structure.
5. The minimum yard setback to the south lot line is 9.5 metres for a building and 5 metres for an ancillary building or structure.
6. The minimum rear yard setback to the east lot line is 15.5 metres.
7. The minimum front yard setback to the west lot line is 4.5 metres.
8. No minimum wide strip of soft landscaping along any part of a lot line abutting another lot is required.
9. A minimum of 60 square metres of indoor amenity space shall be provided.
10. A minimum of 230 square metres of outdoor amenity space shall be provided.
11. No parking spaces are required.
12. No loading spaces are required.
13. A minimum of five short-term and 38 long-term bicycle parking spaces shall be provided.
14. An ancillary building or structure is permitted in the front yard provided it is set back a minimum of 3 metres from the front lot line.
15. The minimum separation distance between the apartment building and any ancillary building or structure is 0.25 metres.
16. The maximum permitted height of an ancillary building or structure is 4.5 metres.
17. The maximum gross floor area of all ancillary buildings and structures is 120 square metres.
18. The maximum gross floor area of an ancillary building or structure located less than 1.8 metres from the apartment building is 75 square metres.
19. Ground-mounted heating, air-conditioning devices and mechanical equipment may be located in the front and side yard.
5. (1) Every use of land and every erection, location or use of any building or structure shall be in accordance with this Order.
(2) Nothing in this Order prevents the use of any land, building or structure for any use prohibited by this Order if the land, building or structure is lawfully so used on the day this Order comes into force.
(3) Nothing in this Order prevents the reconstruction of any building or structure that is damaged or destroyed by causes beyond the control of the owner if the dimensions of the original building or structure are not increased and its original use is not altered.
(4) Nothing in this Order prevents the strengthening or restoration to a safe condition of any building or structure.
6. This Order is deemed for all purposes, except the purposes of section 24 of the Planning Act, to be and to always have been a by-law passed by the council of the City of Toronto.