O. Reg. 446/20: ZONING ORDER - TOWN OF OAKVILLE, REGIONAL MUNICIPALITY OF HALTONSkip to content
Loi sur l’aménagement du territoire
ZONING ORDER - town of oakville, regional municipality OF halton
Historical version for the period August 12, 2020 to February 23, 2023.
This Regulation is made in English only.
1. In this Order,
“accessory” when used to describe a use, building or structure, means a use, building or structure that is normally incidental or subordinate to a principal use, building or structure located on the same lot, including but not limited to,
(a) administrative offices,
(b) dining facilities,
(c) doctors’ offices,
(d) nursing stations, and
(e) activity rooms;
“long-term care home” has the same meaning as in the Long-Term Care Homes Act, 2007;
“zoning by-law” means Zoning By-law 2009-189 of the Town of Oakville.
2. This Order applies to lands in the Town of Oakville in the Regional Municipality of Halton, in the Province of Ontario, being the lands described as Part of Lot 27, Concession 1, described as Parts 3 and 5 on Reference Plan 20R20782 and further identified by Property Identification Number 24928-0341 (LT) registered in the Land Registry Office for the Land Titles Division of Halton Region (No. 20).
3. In addition to the uses permitted by the zoning by-law on the lands described in section 2, one or more long-term care homes, together with accessory uses, buildings and structures, are permitted.
4. The zoning requirements for the nursing home use in the institutional zone set out in the zoning by-law shall apply to the lands described in section 2.
5. (1) Every use of land and every erection, location or use of any building or structure shall be in accordance with this Order.
(2) Nothing in this Order prevents the use of any land, building or structure for any use prohibited by this Order if the land, building or structure is lawfully so used on the day this Order comes into force.
(3) Nothing in this Order prevents the reconstruction of any building or structure that is damaged or destroyed by causes beyond the control of the owner if the dimensions of the original building or structure are not increased or its original use altered.
(4) Nothing in this Order prevents the strengthening or restoration to a safe condition of any building or structure.
6. Omitted (provides for coming into force of provisions of this Regulation).