O. Reg. 13/21: RESIDENTIAL EVICTIONS
under Emergency Management and Civil Protection Act, R.S.O. 1990, c. E.9Skip to content
|revoked or spent March 8, 2021|
|February 8, 2021 – March 7, 2021|
|January 13, 2021 – February 7, 2021|
Emergency Management and Civil Protection Act
Historical version for the period January 13, 2021 to February 7, 2021.
Note: This Order is revoked on February 9, 2021, unless it is extended. (See s. 7.0.8 of the Act and O. Reg. 25/21, Sched. 1)
This is the English version of a bilingual regulation.
Terms of Order
1. The terms of this Order are set out in Schedule 1.
No enforcement of evictions or writs of possession
1. (1) No person shall attend at a residential premises for the purpose of enforcing any of the following:
1. An order evicting a tenant under the Residential Tenancies Act, 2006.
2. A writ of possession issued by the Superior Court of Justice removing a person from their place of residence.
(2) Subsection (1) does not apply if,
(a) in respect of an order described in paragraph 1 of subsection (1), the Landlord and Tenant Board requests that the sheriff expedite the enforcement of the order; or
(b) in respect of a writ of possession described in paragraph 2 of subsection (1), a judge of the Superior Court of Justice orders that the sheriff expedite the enforcement of the writ.