O. Reg. 167/21: ZONING ORDER - MUNICIPALITY OF CLARINGTON, REGIONAL MUNICIPALITY OF DURHAMSkip to content
|current||March 5, 2021 – (e-Laws currency date)|
Loi sur l’aménagement du territoire
ZONING ORDER - MUNICIPALITY OF CLARINGTON, REGIONAL MUNICIPALITY OF DURHAM
Consolidation Period: From March 5, 2021 to the e-Laws currency date.
This Regulation is made in English only.
1. In this Order,
“Zoning By-law” means Comprehensive Zoning By-Law 84-63 of the Municipality of Clarington.
2. This Order applies to lands in the Municipality of Clarington in the Regional Municipality of Durham, in the Province of Ontario, described as Part of Lot 22, Concession 2, Darlington, designated as Parts 1 and 2 on Reference Plan 10R-936, and further identified by Property Identification Number 26610-0041 (LT) registered in the Land Registry Office for the Land Titles Division of Durham (No. 40).
3. Every use of land and every erection, location or use of any building or structure is prohibited on the lands described in section 2, except,
(a) a building supply outlet;
(b) a garden and nursery sales and supply establishment that is accessory to a building supply outlet; and
(c) outside storage area that is accessory to a building supply outlet.
4. (1) Subject to subsection (2), the zoning requirements for the Special Purpose Commercial (C4) zone in Section 19.3 of the Zoning By-law apply to the uses, buildings and structures referred to in clauses 3 (a) and (b).
(2) The zoning requirements for the lands described in section 2 are as follows:
1. The minimum sight triangle is 15 metres by 15 metres.
2. The minimum setback from Durham Regional Highway 2 is 10 metres.
3. The minimum setback from Rundle Road is 10 metres.
4. The minimum landscaped open space is 10 per cent.
5. (1) Every use of land and every erection, location or use of any building or structure shall be in accordance with this Order.
(2) Nothing in this Order prevents the use of any land, building or structure for any use prohibited by this Order if the land, building or structure is lawfully so used on the day this Order comes into force.
(3) Nothing in this Order prevents the reconstruction of any building or structure that is damaged or destroyed by causes beyond the control of the owner if the dimensions of the original building or structure are not increased and its original use is not altered.
(4) Nothing in this Order prevents the strengthening or restoration to a safe condition of any building or structure.
6. This Order is deemed for all purposes, except the purposes of section 24 of the Act, to be and to always have been a by-law passed by the council of the Municipality of Clarington.
7. Omitted (provides for coming into force of provisions of this Regulation).