O. Reg. 266/21: RESIDENTIAL EVICTIONSSkip to content
|revoked or spent June 2, 2021|
|April 7, 2021 – June 1, 2021|
Emergency Management and Civil Protection Act
Historical version for the period April 7, 2021 to June 1, 2021.
Note: This Order is revoked on June 2, 2021, unless it is extended. (See s. 7.0.8 of the Act and O. Reg. 25/21, Sched. 1, s. 1)
This is the English version of a bilingual regulation.
1. The terms of this Order are set out in Schedule 1.
2. This Order applies as of 12:01 a.m. on April 8, 2021.
No enforcement of evictions or writs of possession
1. (1) No person shall attend at a residential premises for the purpose of enforcing any of the following:
1. An order evicting a tenant under the Residential Tenancies Act, 2006.
2. A writ of possession issued by the Superior Court of Justice removing a person from their place of residence.
(2) Subsection (1) does not apply if,
(a) in respect of an order described in paragraph 1 of subsection (1), the Landlord and Tenant Board requests that the sheriff expedite the enforcement of the order; or
(b) in respect of a writ of possession described in paragraph 2 of subsection (1), a judge of the Superior Court of Justice orders that the sheriff expedite the enforcement of the writ.