O. Reg. 600/21: ZONING ORDER - CITY OF CAMBRIDGE, REGIONAL MUNICIPALITY OF WATERLOOSkip to content
|current||August 27, 2021 – (e-Laws currency date)|
Loi sur l’aménagement du territoire
ZONING ORDER - CITY OF CAMBRIDGE, REGIONAL MUNICIPALITY OF WATERLOO
Consolidation Period: From August 27, 2021 to the e-Laws currency date.
This Regulation is made in English only.
1. In this Order,
“logistics distribution centre” means an industrial facility used for, but not limited to, the assembly, storing, sorting, processing and distribution of goods, the management of inventory and the temporary on-site storage of commercial motor vehicles or trailers for freight handling;
“office” means a building or structure, or a part of a building or structure, used for the executive or administrative business operations of a warehouse, a logistics distribution centre or both;
“warehouse” means a commercial or industrial building or structure, or a part of a building or structure, used for receiving, storing and distributing goods;
“Zoning By-law” means Zoning By-law 150-85 of the City of Cambridge.
2. This Order applies to lands in the City of Cambridge, in the Regional Municipality of Waterloo, in the Province of Ontario, being the lands on a map numbered 269 and filed at the Toronto office of the Ministry of Municipal Affairs and Housing located at 777 Bay Street.
3. Every use of land and every erection, location or use of any building or structure is prohibited on the lands referred to in section 2, except for,
(a) the uses permitted in the “Industrial (M1) Zone” of the Zoning By-law, excluding stamping operations and noxious trade, business, or manufacturing uses;
(c) a warehouse; and
(d) a logistics distribution centre.
4. (1) The zoning requirements for the lands referred to in section 2 are as follows:
1. The minimum lot frontage is 50 metres.
2. The minimum lot area is 5000 square metres.
3. The minimum front yard is 12 metres.
4. The minimum exterior side yard is 12 metres.
5. The minimum yard abutting Highway 401 is 14 metres.
6. The maximum building height is 15 metres.
7. The minimum width of the planting strip for exterior lot lines abutting a municipal road allowance is 3 metres.
8. Despite any other minimum planting strip requirement, the minimum width of the planting strip along Old Mill Road is 1 metre.
9. The minimum parking area is an area equivalent to 10 per cent of the lot area which shall be provided as a parking lot and shall be provided in addition to any parking spaces or parking lots used or reserved for the purpose of commercial motor vehicles such as trucks, tractors or trailers.
10. The minimum loading area is one space for every 2000 square metres of gross floor area or part thereof.
(2) For the purposes of subsection (1),
(a) the front yard is Dickie Settlement Road; and
(b) the exterior side yards are Fountain Street and Old Mill Road.
5. (1) Every use of land and every erection, location or use of any building or structure shall be in accordance with this Order.
(2) Nothing in this Order prevents the use of any land, building or structure for any use prohibited by this Order if the land, building or structure is lawfully so used on the day this Order comes into force.
(3) Nothing in this Order prevents the reconstruction of any building or structure that is damaged or destroyed by causes beyond the control of the owner if the dimensions of the original building or structure are not increased and its original use is not altered.
(4) Nothing in this Order prevents the strengthening or restoration to a safe condition of any building or structure.
6. This Order is deemed for all purposes, except the purposes of section 24 of the Act, to be and to always have been a by-law passed by the council of the City of Cambridge.
7. Omitted (provides for coming into force of provisions of this Regulation).