O. Reg. 772/21: ZONING ORDER - CITY OF TORONTOSkip to content
|current||November 15, 2021 – (e-Laws currency date)|
Loi sur l’aménagement du territoire
ZONING ORDER - CITY OF TORONTO
Consolidation Period: From November 15, 2021 to the e-Laws currency date.
This Regulation is made in English only.
1. In this Order,
“ancillary” means a use, building or structure that is naturally and normally incidental to, subordinate in purpose or floor area to and exclusively devoted to the apartment building on the same land, including but not limited to,
(a) administrative offices,
(b) kitchen and dining facilities, and
(c) activity rooms and lounges;
“apartment building” means a building that has five or more dwelling units, with at least one dwelling unit entirely or partially above another, and with each dwelling unit having a separate entrance directly from outside or through a common area inside;
“Zoning By-laws” means City of Toronto Zoning By-Law No. 569-2013 and Dorset Park Community By-Law No. 9508, as amended.
2. This Order applies to lands in the City of Toronto, in the Province of Ontario, being lands described as part of Block B on Registered Plan 8778, identified by Property Identification Number 06165-0024 (LT) registered in the Land Registry Office for the Land Titles Division of Toronto (No. 80).
3. Every use of land and every erection, location or use of any building or structure is prohibited on the lands described in section 2 except for,
(a) an apartment building; and
(b) ancillary uses, buildings or structures.
4. Despite the Zoning By-laws, the zoning requirements for the lands referred to in section 2 are as follows:
1. The minimum building setback from a front lot line is 2.3 metres.
2. The minimum building setback from a side lot line is 2.3 metres.
3. The minimum lot area per dwelling unit is 50 square metres.
4. The minimum separation distance between residential buildings on the lot is 16 metres.
5. A platform may encroach into the front yard by 2.2 metres.
6. The minimum number of parking spaces required on site is 213.
7. The maximum lot coverage is 25 per cent.
8. The minimum vertical clearance for each stacked bicycle parking space provided is 1.1 metres and the minimum width of a bicycle parking space is 0.45 metres.
5. (1) Every use of land and every erection, location and use of buildings or structures shall be in accordance with this Order.
(2) Nothing in this Order prevents the use of any land, building or structure for any use prohibited by this Order if the land, building or structure is lawfully so used on the day this Order comes into force.
(3) Nothing in this Order prevents the reconstruction of any building or structure that is damaged or destroyed by causes beyond the control of the owner if the dimensions of the original building or structure are not increased and its original use is not altered.
(4) Nothing in this Order prevents the strengthening or restoration to a safe condition of any building or structure.
6. This Order is deemed for all purposes, except the purposes of section 24 of the Act, to be and to always have been a by-law passed by the council of the City of Toronto.
7. Omitted (provides for coming into force of provisions of this Regulation).