O. Reg. 42/22: ZONING ORDER - CITY OF TORONTO
under Planning Act, R.S.O. 1990, c. P.13Skip to content
|current||January 28, 2022 – (e-Laws currency date)|
Loi sur l’aménagement du territoire
ZONING ORDER - CITY OF TORONTO
Consolidation Period: From January 28, 2022 to the e-Laws currency date.
This Regulation is made in English only.
1. In this Order,
“accessory” means a use, building or structure that is normally incidental or subordinate to a principal use, building or structure located on the same lot, including but not limited to,
(a) administrative offices,
(b) dining facilities,
(c) doctors’ offices,
(d) nursing stations,
(e) activity rooms,
(f) coffee shops and restaurants used in conjunction with other uses on the lot,
(g) personal service shops used in conjunction with other uses on the lot,
(h) retail shops used in conjunction with other uses on the lot,
(i) recreation facilities,
(j) educational facilities, and
(k) health care uses;
“grade” means 78.7 metres Canadian Geodetic Datum;
“long-term care home” has the same meaning as in the Long-Term Care Homes Act, 2007.
2. This Order applies to lands in the City of Toronto, in the Province of Ontario, being lands described as Lot 12 and Part of Lot 11 on the North Side of Front Street, and Part of Lots 11 and 12 on the South Side of Eastern Ave on Registered Plan 108, as identified by Property Identification Number 21077-0394 (LT) registered in the Land Registry Office for the Land Titles Division of Toronto (No. 80).
3. Every use of land and every erection, location or use of any building or structure is prohibited on the lands described in section 2, except for,
(a) a 348-bed capacity long-term care home; and
(b) accessory uses, buildings and structures.
4. The zoning requirements for the lands described in section 2 are as follows:
1. The maximum height above grade of a building or structure is 54 metres.
2. Despite paragraph 1, equipment, structures or parts of a building located on the roof of a building may project by a maximum of 6 metres beyond the maximum height of the building set out in that paragraph.
3. The minimum setback from the western lot line of any portion of a building located beyond 25 metres from a street is 6 metres.
4. There is no minimum setback of any portion of a building or structure to a lot line adjacent to the street.
5. A building depth of 110 metres from the front lot line is permitted.
6. Five parking spaces are required.
7. 32 bicycle parking spaces are required.
8. One Type G Loading Space is required.
5. (1) Every use of land and every erection, location and use of any building or structure shall be in accordance with this Order.
(2) Nothing in this Order prevents the use of any land, building or structure for any use prohibited by this Order if the land, building or structure is lawfully so used on the day this Order comes into force.
(3) Nothing in this Order prevents the reconstruction of any building or structure that is damaged or destroyed by causes beyond the control of the owner if the dimensions of the original building or structure are not increased and its original use is not altered.
(4) Nothing in this Order prevents the strengthening or restoration to a safe condition of any building or structure.
6. This Order is deemed for all purposes, except the purposes of section 24 of the Act, to be and to always have been a by-law passed by the council of the City of Toronto.
7. Omitted (provides for coming into force of provisions of this Regulation).