O. Reg. 248/22: ZONING ORDER - CITY OF BRAMPTON, REGIONAL MUNICIPALITY OF PEELSkip to content
Loi sur l’aménagement du territoire
ZONING ORDER - CITY OF BRAMPTON, REGIONAL MUNICIPALITY OF PEEL
Historical version for the period April 1, 2022 to April 10, 2022.
This Regulation is made in English only.
1. This Order applies to lands in the City of Brampton, Regional Municipality of Peel, in the Province of Ontario, being the lands described as Block 276 on Registered Plan 43-M1349, except Part 1 on Reference Plan 43R-24186, and further identified by Property Identification Number 14224-1322 (LT) registered in the Land Registry Office for the Land Titles Division of Peel (No. 43).
2. Every use of land and every erection, location or use of any building or structure is prohibited on the lands described in section 1, except for the following:
1. A long-term care home within the meaning of the Long-Term Care Homes Act, 2007.
Note: On April 11, 2022, the day section 204 of Schedule 1 (Fixing Long-Term Care Act, 2021) to the Providing More Care, Protecting Seniors, and Building More Beds Act, 2021 comes into force, paragraph 1 of section 2 of this Regulation is amended by striking out “Long-Term Care Homes Act, 2007” at the end and substituting “Fixing Long-Term Care Act, 2021”. (See: O. Reg. 248/22, s. 6)
2. Accessory uses, buildings or structures, including:
i. Medical offices.
ii. Hair Salons.
iii. Administrative Offices.
iv. Places of worship.
3. The zoning requirements for the lands described in section 1 are as follows:
1. The minimum front yard depth is five metres.
2. The minimum interior side yard width is five metres.
3. The minimum exterior side yard width is five metres.
4. The minimum rear yard depth is five metres.
5. The maximum building height is three storeys.
6. The minimum lot coverage is 30 per cent.
7. The maximum lot coverage is 45 per cent.
8. The minimum number of required parking spaces is 65.
4. (1) Every use of land and every erection, location and use of buildings or structures shall be in accordance with this Order.
(2) Nothing in this Order prevents the use of any land, building or structure for any use prohibited by this Order if the land, building or structure is lawfully so used on the day this Order comes into force.
(3) Nothing in this Order prevents the reconstruction of any building or structure that is damaged or destroyed by causes beyond the control of the owner if the dimensions of the original building or structure are not increased and its original use is not altered.
(4) Nothing in this Order prevents the strengthening or restoration to a safe condition of any building or structure.
5. This Order is deemed for all purposes, except the purposes of section 24 of the Act, to be and to always have been a by-law passed by the council of the City of Brampton.
6. Omitted (provides for amendments to this Regulation).
7. Omitted (provides for coming into force of provisions of this Regulation).