O. Reg. 62/23: GENERALSkip to content
|current||March 29, 2023 – (e-Laws currency date)|
Ontario Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Animals Corporation Act, 2023
Consolidation Period: From March 29, 2023 to the e-Laws currency date.
Note: This Regulation is revoked on the day section 4 of Schedule 7 to the Less Red Tape, Stronger Ontario Act, 2023 comes into force. (See: O. Reg. 62/23, s. 5)
Last amendment: 62/23.
Legislative history: 62/23.
This is the English version of a bilingual regulation.
1. The purposes of the Society are to,
(a) promote the welfare of animals for the benefit of the public by providing community support services across Ontario, including,
(i) spaying or neutering domestic pets and feral or stray animals,
(ii) operating an animal adoption program, and
(iii) rescuing stray, abandoned, abused or surrendered animals; and
(b) advance education by providing courses on animal welfare to the public, with an emphasis on youth education.
Board of directors
2. The Society’s activities and affairs shall be managed by a board of directors, the composition of which shall be determined in accordance with the Society’s by-laws.
3. (1) Subject to subsection (2), the Society shall consist of its directors, and a person who ceases to be a director ceases to be a member of the Society.
(2) For the period beginning on January 1, 2020 and ending on April 21, 2021, the Society shall consist of class A members, being affiliated societies, class B members, being individual members, and class C members, being honorary members, with each class having such rights and obligations as are provided in the Society’s by-laws.
4. Upon the dissolution of the Society and after payment of all of its debts and liabilities, all of the Society’s remaining property shall be distributed to one or more registered charities under the Income Tax Act (Canada) that have purposes similar to the purposes of the Society.
5. Omitted (provides for amendments to this Regulation).
6. Omitted (provides for coming into force of provisions of this Regulation).