O. Reg. 92/23: ZONING ORDER - CITY OF MISSISSAUGA, REGIONAL MUNICIPALITY OF PEELSkip to content
Loi sur l’aménagement du territoire
ZONING ORDER - CITY OF MISSISSAUGA, REGIONAL MUNICIPALITY OF PEEL
Consolidation Period: From August 4, 2023 to the e-Laws currency date.
This Regulation is made in English only.
1. In this Order,
“long-term care home” has the same meaning as in the Fixing Long-Term Care Act, 2021;
“retirement home” has the same meaning as in the Retirement Homes Act, 2010;
“zoning by-law” means Zoning By-law No. 0225-2007 of the City of Mississauga.
2. This Order applies to lands in the City of Mississauga in the Regional Municipality of Peel, in the Province of Ontario, being the lands outlined in red on the map numbered 335 and filed at the Toronto office of the Ministry of Municipal Affairs and Housing located at 777 Bay Street. O. Reg. 92/23, s. 2; O. Reg. 240/23, s. 1.
Non-application of s. 41 of the Act, site plan control area
3. Section 41 of the Act does not apply to the lands identified in section 2 of this Order.
Matters that may be dealt with in agreement
4. Each person who owns all or any part of the lands described in section 2 shall enter
into one or more agreements with the City of Mississauga dealing with the matters listed in subsection 47 (4.4) of the Act.
5. Every use of land and every erection, location or use of any building or structure is prohibited on the lands identified in section 2, except for,
(a) above and below grade parking structures;
(b) active recreational uses and passive recreational uses;
(d) art galleries;
(e) commercial schools;
(f) financial institutions;
(g) long-term care homes;
(j) retail stores;
(k) medical offices – restricted;
(m) retirement homes;
(n) service establishments; and
(o) take-out restaurants.
6. Despite the zoning by-law, the zoning requirements for the uses permitted under section 5 are the following:
1. The maximum height is 50 storeys.
2. There is no minimum front yard setback.
3. There is no exterior side yard setback.
4. The interior side yard setback is 6 metres.
5. The rear yard setback is 10 metres.
6. The minimum amenity area is 4.5 square metres per dwelling unit, with 1.6 square metres per dwelling unit to be provided outside.
7. The following parking requirements apply:
i. A minimum of 0.5 parking spaces per dwelling unit for residents.
ii. A minimum of 0.15 parking spaces per dwelling unit for visitors.
iii. A minimum of 2.1 parking spaces per 100 square metres of gross floor area for non-residential uses.
7. (1) Every use of land and every erection, location or use of any building or structure shall be in accordance with this Order.
(2) Nothing in this Order prevents the use of any land, building or structure for any use prohibited by this Order if the land, building or structure is lawfully so used on the day this Order comes into force.
(3) Nothing in this Order prevents the reconstruction of any building or structure that is damaged or destroyed by causes beyond the control of the owner if the dimensions of the original building or structure are not increased or its original use altered.
(4) Nothing in this Order prevents the strengthening or restoration to a safe condition of any building or structure.
8. This Order is deemed for all purposes, except the purposes of section 24 of the Act, to be a by-law passed by the council of the City of Mississauga.
9. Omitted (provides for coming into force of provisions of this Regulation).