O. Reg. 127/23: ZONING ORDER - MUNICIPALITY OF PORT HOPESkip to content
|current||June 9, 2023 – (e-Laws currency date)|
Loi sur l’aménagement du territoire
ZONING ORDER - MUNICIPALITY OF PORT HOPE
Consolidation Period: From June 9, 2023 to the e-Laws currency date.
This Regulation is made in English only.
1. In this Order,
“Zoning By-law” means Municipality of Port Hope Zoning By-law No. 20/2010.
2. This Order applies to lands in the Municipality of Port Hope, in the Province of Ontario, being the lands identified on a map numbered 327 and filed at the Toronto office of the Ministry of Municipal Affairs and Housing located at 777 Bay Street.
Non-application of s. 41 of the Act, site plan control area
3. Section 41 of the Act does not apply to the lands described in section 2 of this Order.
4. Every use of land and every erection, location or use of any building or structure is prohibited on the lands described in section 2, except for,
(a) a day nursery;
(b) a medical office;
(c) a long term care facility;
(d) a retirement home; and
(e) accessory uses that are incidental or subordinate to the uses set out in clauses (a) to (d), including,
(i) a business office,
(ii) a laboratory,
(iii) a personal service shop,
(iv) a retail store, and
(v) a waste storage area.
5. (1) Despite subclause 4.1.5 (b) (i) of the Zoning By-law, an accessory building containing a waste storage area shall be located in an interior side yard, rear side yard or exterior side yard only.
(2) Despite section 5.6 of the Zoning By-law, there is no minimum parking requirement for a long term care facility.
Note: On June 9, 2026, subsection 5 (2) of this Regulation is revoked. (See: O. Reg. 127/23, s. 8)
(3) Despite clause 5.7.6 (c) of the Zoning By-law, loading space is permitted in an exterior side yard.
(4) The zoning requirements for the Institutional – Urban (IU) Zone set out in section 10.4 of the Zoning By-law apply, with the exception that the maximum building height for a long term care facility is 26 metres.
6. (1) Every use of land and every erection, location or use of any building or structure shall be in accordance with this Order.
(2) Nothing in this Order prevents the use of any land, building or structure for any use prohibited by this Order if the land, building or structure is lawfully so used on the day this Order comes into force.
(3) Nothing in this Order prevents the reconstruction of any building or structure that is damaged or destroyed by causes beyond the control of the owner if the dimensions of the original building or structure are not increased or its original use altered.
(4) Nothing in this Order prevents the strengthening or restoration to a safe condition of any building or structure.
7. This Order is deemed for all purposes, except the purposes of section 24 of the Act, to be a by-law passed by the council of the Municipality of Port Hope.
8. Omitted (provides for amendments to this Regulation).
9. Omitted (provides for coming into force of provisions of this Regulation).