O. Reg. 189/23: ZONING ORDER - CITY OF PETERBOROUGHSkip to content
|current||July 7, 2023 – (e-Laws currency date)|
Loi sur l’aménagement du territoire
ZONING ORDER - CITY OF PETERBOROUGH
Consolidation Period: From July 7, 2023 to the e-Laws currency date.
This Regulation is made in English only.
1. In this Order,
“zoning by-law” means the City of Peterborough By-law No. 1972-120.
2. This Order applies to lands in the City of Peterborough, in the Province of Ontario, being the lands identified on a map numbered 337 and filed at the Toronto office of the Ministry of Municipal Affairs and Housing located at 777 Bay Street.
3. (1) In addition to the uses permitted by the zoning by-law on the lands described in section 2, a 12-bed detoxification centre shall be permitted in the building that, on the day this Order comes into force, has frontage on Paddock Wood.
(2) In this section,
“detoxification centre” means a facility or part of a facility where addiction treatment or residential withdrawal management services, including any related medical services, are provided.
4. The zoning requirements for the Residential District 3 (R.3, 3c) Zone, as set out in sections 3.4, 4 and 9 of the zoning by-law, apply to the permitted uses described in subsection 3 (1) of this Order, with the following exceptions:
1. A minimum of six parking spaces are required on the paved driveway area that is located on the lands described in section 2 on the day this Order comes into force.
2. Sections 4.3.1 (b) (i), 4.3.2, 4.6 and 4.8 of the zoning by-law do not apply.
5. (1) Every use of land and every erection, location or use of any building or structure shall be in accordance with this Order.
(2) Nothing in this Order prevents the use of any land, building or structure for any use prohibited by this Order if the land, building or structure is lawfully so used on the day this Order comes into force.
(3) Nothing in this Order prevents the reconstruction of any building or structure that is damaged or destroyed by causes beyond the control of the owner if the dimensions of the original building or structure are not increased or its original use altered.
(4) Nothing in this Order prevents the strengthening or restoration to a safe condition of any building or structure.
6. This Order is deemed for all purposes, except the purposes of section 24 of the Act, to be a by-law passed by the council of the City of Peterborough.
7. Omitted (provides for coming into force of provisions of this Regulation).