O. Reg. 255/23: PRESCRIBED AREAS - SECTION 114 OF THE ACTSkip to content
|current||August 9, 2023 – (e-Laws currency date)|
City of Toronto Act, 2006
PRESCRIBED AREAS — SECTION 114 OF THE ACT
Consolidation Period: From August 9, 2023 to the e-Laws currency date.
This is the English version of a bilingual regulation.
1. (1) The following areas are prescribed for the purposes of subsection 114 (1.2) of the Act:
1. Any area that is within 300 metres of a railway line other than a railway line set out in subsection (2).
2. Any area that is within 120 metres of,
i. a wetland,
ii. the shoreline of the Great Lakes-St. Lawrence River System,
iii. an inland lake, or
iv. a river or stream valley that has depressional features associated with a river or stream, whether or not it contains a watercourse.
(2) For the purposes of paragraph 1 of subsection (1), a railway line excludes,
(a) a railway line to which the Canada Transportation Act (Canada) applies and whose operations have been discontinued under section 146 of that Act;
(b) an abandoned railway line to which the Canada Transportation Act (Canada) does not apply; and
(c) a railway line on which the only railway that operates is an urban rail transit system.
(3) Subsection (1) does not apply in respect of any development for which a building permit has been issued on or before August 9, 2023.
2. Omitted (provides for coming into force of provisions of this Regulation).