R.R.O. 1990, Reg. 139: FILL - SPENCER CREEK
under Conservation Authorities Act, R.S.O. 1990, c. C.27Skip to content
|revoked or spent December 7, 2009|
|December 31, 1990 – December 6, 2009|
Conservation Authorities Act
Loi sur les offices de protection de la nature
R.R.O. 1990, REGULATION 139
FILL — SPENCER CREEK
Note: This Regulation was revoked on December 7, 2009. See: O. Reg. 461/09, s. 1.
Last amendment: O. Reg. 461/09.
This Regulation is made in English only.
1. In this Regulation,
“Authority” means the Spencer Creek Conservation Authority;
“fill” means fill of any kind. R.R.O. 1990, Reg. 139, s. 1.
2. Subject to section 3, no person shall place or dump fill or permit fill to be placed or dumped in any area below the high-water mark of any river, creek or stream under the jurisdiction of the Authority. R.R.O. 1990, Reg. 139, s. 2.
3. Subject to the Ontario Water Resources Act or to any private interest, the Authority may permit in writing the placing or dumping of fill in an area below the high-water mark, if, in the opinion of the Authority, the placing or dumping does not interfere with the ability of the river, creek or stream to safely carry the maximum flood flows and will not result in the pollution of the river, creek or stream. R.R.O. 1990, Reg. 139, s. 3.
4. No dumping or placing of fill below the high-water mark of the river, creek or stream shall be commenced until the registered owner of the property has obtained the permission required by section 3. R.R.O. 1990, Reg. 139, s. 4.
5. Application for permission to place or dump fill shall be filed with the Authority and shall include,
(a) two copies of a plan of the property on which the fill is to be placed, showing the proposed location of the filling, the depth to which it is proposed to fill and the proposed final grade of the land when the filling is completed;
(b) a complete description of the type of fill proposed to be placed or dumped;
(c) a statement of the dates between which the placing or dumping will be carried out; and
(d) a statement of the proposed use of the land following the completion of placing or dumping. R.R.O. 1990, Reg. 139, s. 5.
6. The Authority may, at any time, withdraw permission to place or dump fill if, in the opinion of the Authority, the representations contained in the application for permission to place or dump the fill are not carried out. R.R.O. 1990, Reg. 139, s. 6.