R.R.O. 1990, Reg. 393: BEANS - PLANSkip to content
Farm Products Marketing Act
Loi sur la commercialisation des produits agricoles
R.R.O. 1990, REGULATION 393
Amended to O. Reg. 335/95
BEANS — PLAN
Historical version for the period July 12, 1995 to April 26, 2006.
This Regulation is made in English only.
1. The plan in the Schedule is continued for the control and regulation of the producing and marketing within Ontario of beans. R.R.O. 1990, Reg. 393, s. 1.
2. The local board named in the Schedule is given the powers set out in subsection 15 (1), in paragraphs 1 to 8, 10 to 19, 24 and 26 of subsection 15 (2) and in sections 50 and 110 of the Co-operative Corporations Act. R.R.O. 1990, Reg. 393, s. 2.
3. The members of the local board shall be deemed to be the shareholders and the directors thereof in the exercise of any of the powers mentioned in section 2. R.R.O. 1990, Reg. 393, s. 3.
Farm Products Marketing Act
1. This plan may be cited as “The Ontario Bean Producers’ Marketing Plan”.
2. In this plan,
“beans” means white pea-beans produced in Ontario;
“producer” means a person engaged in the production of beans.
3. This plan applies to the control and regulation in any or all respects of the producing and marketing within Ontario of beans.
4. There shall be a local board to be known as “The Ontario Bean Producers’ Marketing Board”.
5. The local board shall be composed of nine producer-members and the members in each district shall hold office until their successors are elected.
6. Producers are divided into four districts as follows:
1. District 1, comprising the Counties of Essex, Kent and Lambton.
2. District 2, comprising the Counties of Elgin, Middlesex and Oxford.
3. District 3, comprising the Counties of Grey, Perth and Wellington and The Regional Municipality of Waterloo.
4. District 4, comprising the Counties of Bruce and Huron.
7. There shall be a committee in each district to be known as the “District Bean Producers’ Committee”.
8. (1) The District Bean Producers’ Committees shall have the following number of members:
1. District 1, four members.
2. District 2, eight members.
3. District 3, eight members.
4. District 4, twelve members.
(2) A producer in a territorial district or in a county not mentioned in section 6 may for the purposes of the plan be deemed to be a producer in the district nearest to his, her or its place of production.
9. On or before the last day of February in each year producers in each district, at a meeting called by the local board for the purpose, shall elect from among themselves the members of the District Bean Producers’ Committee for the district.
10. (1) On or before the last day of February in each year, the producers in each district shall elect from among themselves members to the local board as follows:
1. District 1, one member.
2. District 2, two members.
3. District 3, two members.
4. District 4, four members.
(2) No person is eligible for election or appointment from any district to the local board unless he or she is a producer in the district, and in no case shall he or she be elected to represent more than one district.
(3) The term of office of members elected to the local board, including members elected for 1995, begins on the day following the meeting at which they are elected and ends on the day after their successors are elected.
11. (1) At its first meeting after their term of office has commenced, the members elected to the local board shall appoint the producer-members that are necessary to complete the local board.
(2) Where a member of the local board dies or resigns before the expiration of his or her term of office, the members of the local board may appoint a producer-member for the unexpired term.
R.R.O. 1990, Reg. 393, Sched.; O. Reg. 335/95, s. 1.