R.R.O. 1990, Reg. 458: NURSERIESSkip to content
|revoked or spent June 26, 2020|
|June 19, 1997 – June 25, 2020|
Loi sur les forêts
R.R.O. 1990, REGULATION 458
Note: This Regulation was revoked on June 26, 2020. (See: O. Reg. 320/20, s. 1)
Legislative History: 142/91, 232/97,.
This Regulation is made in English only.
1. In this Regulation,
“Christmas tree plantation” means a group of coniferous trees that are planted or growing on land for the production of Christmas trees;
“private land” means land not vested in Her Majesty in right of Ontario, but includes unpatented land that is located or sold under the Public Lands Act;
“shelter” includes shelter of land or structures;
“shelter belt” means a belt of trees for shelter, planted or growing at least one metre and not more than two metres apart in one or more rows at least sixty metres in length and at least one metre apart;
“unit” means a seedling, transplant, tree or cutting;
“wood” means a group of trees planted or growing on at least 0.5 of a hectare of land with at least 250 trees on each 0.5 hectare of land. R.R.O. 1990, Reg. 458, s. 1.
2. The Minister is authorized to establish nurseries at Dryden, Thunder Bay, Kemptville, Midhurst, Orono, St. Williams and Swastika. R.R.O. 1990, Reg. 458, s. 2.
3. (1) An application for nursery stock shall be prepared in the form provided by the Minister. R.R.O. 1990, Reg. 458, s. 3 (1).
(2) An application shall not be made for fewer than 100 units. O. Reg. 142/91, s. 1.
(3) An application for more than 100 units shall be for whole number multiples of fifty units. R.R.O. 1990, Reg. 458, s. 3 (3).
(4) Subject to subsections (2) and (3), an application shall not be made for fewer than fifty units of a species. R.R.O. 1990, Reg. 458, s. 3 (4).
(5) Subject to subsections (2) and (3), an application for more than fifty units of a species shall be for whole number multiples of fifty units of the species. R.R.O. 1990, Reg. 458, s. 3 (5).
4. Nursery stock may be furnished in respect of private land having an area of at least two hectares exclusive of any part occupied by structures. O. Reg. 142/91, s. 2.
5. Nursery stock may be furnished for enlarging, establishing and replenishing a Christmas tree plantation, shelter belt or wood. O. Reg. 142/91, s. 2.
6. The charges for nursery stock at a nursery are $10 plus 28 cents for each unit furnished. O. Reg. 232/97, s. 1.
7. No nursery stock shall be furnished until the amount of charges for the nursery stock has been received by the Minister. R.R.O. 1990, Reg. 458, s. 7.