R.R.O. 1990, Reg. 669: FINANCIAL STATEMENTSSkip to content
R.R.O. 1990, REGULATION 669
Historical version for the period August 26, 2004 to June 2, 2019.
Legislative History: 765/92,.
This is the English version of a bilingual regulation.
1. (1) The annual statement required by clause 102 (1) (a) of the Act shall be delivered to the Superintendent,
(a) on or before the last day of February, in the case of an insurer other than an insurer whose licence is restricted to contracts of reinsurance; and
(b) on or before the 15th day of April, in the case of an insurer whose licence is restricted to contracts of reinsurance. R.R.O. 1990, Reg. 669, s. 1 (1); O. Reg. 765/92, s. 1.
(2) If a date specified by subsection (1) falls on a day when the office of the Superintendent is not open for business, the statement may be delivered on the next day when the office is open for business. R.R.O. 1990, Reg. 669, s. 1 (2).
2. The following categories of insurers are prescribed for the purpose of clause 102 (1) (b) of the Act:
1. Fraternal societies incorporated in Ontario.
2. Insurers incorporated in Ontario that are licensed for life insurance, other than insurers mentioned in paragraph 1.
3. Insurers incorporated in Ontario, other than mutual benefit societies and insurers mentioned in paragraph 1 or 2.
4. Reciprocal or inter-insurance exchanges that issue contracts from an office in Ontario. R.R.O. 1990, Reg. 669, s. 2.