R.R.O. 1990, Reg. 797: RECREATION PROGRAMSSkip to content
Ministry of Tourism and Recreation Act
R.R.O. 1990, REGULATION 797
Consolidation Period: From December 16, 2004 to the e-Laws currency date.
Legislative History: 109/93,, .
This is the English version of a bilingual regulation.
1. In this Regulation,
“band” and “council of the band” have the same meaning as in the Indian Act (Canada); (“bande”, “conseil de la bande”)
“local services board” means a Local Services Board under the Northern Services Boards Act; (“régie locale des services publics”)
“recreation program” means a program for the provision of facilities for recreation or for the supervision, encouragement and guidance of recreational activity; (“programme de loisirs”)
“recreation program for children” means a recreation program for persons under the age of 18 that is conducted by a children’s recreation service provider that is listed in the Schedule; (“programme de loisirs pour les enfants”)
“school board” means a “board” as defined in the Education Act, all or part of whose jurisdiction is in territory without municipal organization. (“conseil scolaire”) R.R.O. 1990, Reg. 797, s. 1; O. Reg. 109/93, s. 1; O. Reg. 533/00, s. 1.
2. (1) The following may appoint a recreation committee, in the manner provided:
1. The council of a local municipality, by by-law.
2. The councils of two or more local municipalities, by by-law.
3. The council of the band, by by-law.
4. The councils of two or more bands, by by-law.
5. The council of one or more local municipalities and the council of one or more bands, by by-law.
6. A school board, by resolution.
7. Two or more school boards, by resolution.
8. A local services board, by by-law. O. Reg. 533/00, s. 2.
(2) A recreation committee may conduct one or more recreation programs, including recreation programs for children. O. Reg. 533/00, s. 2.
3. A recreation committee shall be composed of at least five persons of whom at least two shall be members of the appointing body or bodies. R.R.O. 1990, Reg. 797, s. 3.
4. (1) The council of a local municipality, the council of the band, a school board or a local services board may apply for a grant to conduct a recreation program, including a recreation program for children. O. Reg. 533/00, s. 3.
(2) An application under subsection (1) shall be made between the 1st day of January and the 1st day of April in any year, on a form provided by the Minister, for a grant for that year. R.R.O. 1990, Reg. 797, s. 4 (2).
5. The Minister may, in his or her discretion, approve or refuse an application for a grant. O. Reg. 109/93, s. 2.
6., 7. Revoked: O. Reg. 109/93, s. 2.
CHILDREN’S RECREATION SERVICE PROVIDERS
1. Recreation committees appointed by,
i. the council of a local municipality,
ii. the councils of two or more local municipalities,
iii. the council of the band,
iv. the councils of two or more bands,
v. the council of one or more local municipalities and the council of one or more bands,
vi. a school board,
vii. two or more school boards,
viii. a local services board.
2. Recreation camp organizations accredited by the Ontario Camping Association.
3. Sports organizations that are members or affiliates of provincial sports organizations that are recognized by the Ministry.
4. Ministry agencies.
5. Ministry of Tourism agencies and attractions.
6. Organizations that are recognized as children’s recreation service providers by a resolution passed by the entity described in subparagraph i, ii, iii, iv, v, vi, vii or viii of paragraph 1 that appointed the recreation committee in the jurisdiction in which the organization operates.
O. Reg. 533/00, s. 4.