R.R.O. 1990, Reg. 862: RATESSkip to content
|revoked or spent January 1, 2003|
|April 23, 1999 – December 31, 2002|
Official Notices Publication Act
R.R.O. 1990, REGULATION 862
Note: This Regulation became spent on January 1, 2003.
Last amendment: O. Reg. 242/99.
This is the English version of a bilingual regulation.
1. (1) The following rates are payable for publishing items in The Ontario Gazette:
1. For a first insertion,
i. $22.50 for the first 25 millimetres or less of columnar space,
ii. $5.60 for each additional six millimetres or less of columnar space up to and including 100 millimetres, and
iii. $5.50 for each additional six millimetres or less of columnar space over 100 millimetres and up to and including 476 millimetres.
2. In each calendar year, for line insertions after a total of 476 millimetres has been reached, a block rate of $54.10 for each 119 millimetres (¼ page).
3. For each multiple insertion ordered at the same time as the first insertion, one-half the rate payable under paragraph 1 or 2, as the case may be. O. Reg. 579/94, s. 1; O. Reg. 576/98, s. 1 (1).
(2) The following amount must be paid when the copy is submitted for an item to be published:
1. $22.50 for the first insertion.
2. Revoked: O. Reg. 576/98, s. 1 (2).
O. Reg. 579/94, s. 1; O. Reg. 576/98, s. 1 (2).
(3) The balance owing for publishing an item must be paid on receipt of an account from the Queen’s Printer. O. Reg. 579/94, s. 1.
2. (1) The amount payable for a copy of The Ontario Gazette is $2.90 for a single issue and $126.50 for a 52 week subscription. O. Reg. 579/94, s. 2.
(2) The rates set out in subsection (1) shall be paid in advance. R.R.O. 1990, Reg. 862, s. 2 (2).
3. (1) Every person who makes a payment in advance for a first insertion or an additional insertion is entitled to a refund if,
(a) the actual cost of the first insertion or additional insertion is less than the amount prepaid; or
(b) the request for publication of a matter in The Ontario Gazette is withdrawn before the weekly issue in which the matter would have been published is sent to press. R.R.O. 1990, Reg. 862, s. 3 (1).
(2) Every person who has paid a fee for a subscription of fifty-two weekly issues of The Ontario Gazette is entitled, on giving written notice, to have the subscription cancelled and to receive a refund equal to the difference between the fee paid for a subscription of fifty-two weekly issues and the aggregate cost of the weekly issues received by the subscriber before cancellation, calculated at the single issue price. R.R.O. 1990, Reg. 862, s. 3 (2).
(3) No refund will be made if the amount refundable under subsection (1) or (2) is less than $5. R.R.O. 1990, Reg. 862, s. 3 (3).