R.R.O. 1990, Reg. 906: GENERAL
under Paperback and Periodical Distributors Act, R.S.O. 1990, c. P.1Skip to content
|revoked or spent December 10, 2019|
|June 9, 2016 – December 9, 2019|
|January 1, 1992 – June 8, 2016|
Paperback and Periodical Distributors Act
R.R.O. 1990, REGULATION 906
Historical version for the period June 9, 2016 to December 9, 2019.
Last amendment: 186/16.
Legislative History: 688/91, 186/16.
This is the English version of a bilingual regulation.
1. (1) An application for registration as a distributor shall be in a form provided by the Minister. R.R.O. 1990, Reg. 906, s. 1 (1).
(2) An annual return for maintenance of registration shall be in a form provided by the Minister. R.R.O. 1990, Reg. 906, s. 1 (2).
2. Every registration expires on the first day of October unless an annual return for maintenance of registration in a form provided by the Minister, together with the applicable fees that the Minister has required to be paid under section 15.1 of the Act, is filed with the Registrar on or before that date. O. Reg. 688/91, s. 1; O. Reg. 186/16, s. 1.
3. Revoked: O. Reg. 688/91, s. 2.
4. (1) Every distributor shall, within five days after the event, notify the Registrar in writing of,
(a) any change in address for service in Ontario or any business address;
(b) the opening or closing of any branch office and, in the case of the opening of any branch office, the name and address of the branch manager;
(c) any change in the membership of a partnership, association, syndicate or other organization of individuals;
(d) any change in the officers or directors of a corporation;
(e) any change in the controlling interest of a corporation or the ownership of its equity shares;
(f) any changes in partnership agreements, letters patent or other instruments governing the operation of the distributor; and
(g) any change in resident or non-resident status of any person interested in the applicant. R.R.O. 1990, Reg. 906, s. 4 (1).
(2) The distributor shall provide such additional information or particulars verified by affidavit as may be requested by the Registrar. R.R.O. 1990, Reg. 906, s. 4 (2).
5. A voluntary cancellation of registration under subsection 5 (7) of the Act shall be in a form provided by the Minister. R.R.O. 1990, Reg. 906, s. 5.
6. Revoked: O. Reg. 186/16, s. 2.
Forms 1, 2 Revoked: O. Reg. 186/16, s. 3.